Sad news from Canada - many dead and wounded from rental van attack - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sad news from Canada - many dead and wounded from rental van attack

Member #
    Liked
    11100 times
    My position for many years now has been that an armed populace is the best counter to terrorism.

If you read through the after reports on the terror attack of Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India, it started at the train station and the terrorists walked to their intended targets because they knew that due to India's gun control laws, there would be no resistance and that the police/military response would take more than 20 minutes to arrive at the train station. They even allowed Indian civilians to video tape them as they walked to their targets several blocks away. It has always bothered me that any concealed carriers would have been able to stop or slow down their movement until the police/military arrived. Frankly, if the threat of local resistance had been there, it would have deterred, or at least changed the planning of this attack. Think "gun free zone" the size of NYC.

Many of these mass murder attacks in our schools have links to ISIS, or other jihadi organizations, even though the attackers were not per se jihadis. I think what we are seeing is more of a probe of our defenses. Think to the jihadi attack on a Russian school where they killed hundreds of kids, that is the kind of attack I think we may see. We should not lose sight of that fact that there is a bigger threat out there than a lone attacker. Their objective is an attack so horrific that shocks our people so much that we quit. For Spain, it was a train attack. As for the terrorists themselves, they are already on our soil, having infiltrated in through the refugees that Obama brought in unvetted. It is known that we have roughly 700 radical Imams illegally here in the USA, their job is to foment radicalism and to build a terror army. The last administration did nothing to stop or even slow them down.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3308 times
    Really interesting that they said it's too early to say it's a terrorist act. Well atleast it's being considered. When it's done here, we don't even go that far? Like we keep saying "You can't stop evil people from doing evil things"! So will they have their banks ban rentals as that must be the solution to stop them? They should enact stricter rental laws with maybe a 3 day waiting period?

My prayers go out to the families of all those killed or injured though.
    GreenWolf70, BigBlue and pegasus like this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27133 times
    A van speeding down a sidewalk heading straight at you going 60 mph is going to be hard to stop. Even if you quickly realized the danger and were able to respond fast enough to get a few shots off, the odds are momentum would carry the van through your position. On the other hand it beats the heck out of standing there unarmed and helpless. Of course you could always speed dial 911 and pray they get there in time.
    pegasus likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11100 times
    A few rounds through the windshield would ensure he doesn't get anyone else. Then again there were numerous trees along those streets in the photos.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    17611 times
    I call fake news, a gun was not used, all i ever here is, only guns can kill people, so if a gun was not used, it is simply impossible for someone to have killed or injured anyone.

Probably just canada trying to get some attention.

All of that of course was a joke, im actually sorry such a thing happened, maybe if people all over the world, not just here or there, decided to address the actual problem of people being violent instead of just focusing on what they use as they do here, and seemingly sweeping it under the rug like it seems like they do elsewhere so they dont have to think that maybe if some people were armed, they just might have been able to do something, we might just have some progress on making things a bit safer.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    Caller: 911
    911: Whats your emergency?
    Caller: Splat...............
    911: hello....hello....
    GreenWolf70 and BigBlue like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUKev View Post
    Really interesting that they said it's too early to say it's a terrorist act. Well atleast it's being considered. When it's done here, we don't even go that far? Like we keep saying "You can't stop evil people from doing evil things"! So will they have their banks ban rentals as that must be the solution to stop them? They should enact stricter rental laws with maybe a 3 day waiting period?

My prayers go out to the families of all those killed or injured though.
    One news source suggested the reason he did it was some kind of hatred against women because he couldn't find a girlfriend. Strangely, now that's he's a famous criminal, he will probably get all kinds of offers from women, like other killers have received. And in Canada, if he picks one particular woman as his girlfriend among the thousands of letters or emails he might get, he can get 48 hrs of conjugal visits every 2 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links