Talk about cutting your own throat! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Talk about cutting your own throat!

Member #
    Liked
    6483 times
    Yeti is very proud of their stuff.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16892 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPocket View Post

It's called "Virtue signalling." These companies are boycotting the NRA in the furtive hope that other companies will follow suit. In the end, it helps us because we'll also find out the companies who explicitly support the NRA and the 2A.
    Actually the more I've read about this the more I believe the NRA was just trying to get a better or comparable deal from the YETI competitors. YETI was trying to consolidate their discount programs to several organizations to simplify their accounting. It's an accounting gimmick that's probably been in the works for months, and was just as probably, going along on auto pilot. It would have required software updates and everything would have been staged so the new program would take effect on a specified date. Unfortunately the letters went out at the same time the NRA has been losing corporate supporters. Good time to get a better deal. YETI's slow response only guaranteed a market share loss, and judging from comments I've been seeing, they won't be getting it back. The only winner is RTIC. Looks like their management recognizes opportunity when it raises its hand. Just for the record I bought RTIC because it was cheaper than YETI and just as good. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing them comparatively priced from now on.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    21996 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Actually the more I've read about this the more I believe the NRA was just trying to get a better or comparable deal from the YETI competitors. YETI was trying to consolidate their discount programs to several organizations to simplify their accounting. It's an accounting gimmick that's probably been in the works for months, and was just as probably, going along on auto pilot. It would have required software updates and everything would have been staged so the new program would take effect on a specified date. Unfortunately the letters went out at the same time the NRA has been losing corporate supporters. Good time to get a better deal. YETI's slow response only guaranteed a market share loss, and judging from comments I've been seeing, they won't be getting it back. The only winner is RTIC. Looks like their management recognizes opportunity when it raises its hand. Just for the record I bought RTIC because it was cheaper than YETI and just as good. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing them comparatively priced from now on.
    The Devil's in the details. Based on the stories I've read, Yeti ending it's program to consolidate. Ok, no problem with doing that and I'm good with that. But Yeti also cancelled existing orders by the NRA
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    778 times
    Yeti is made up of Austin liberals making cash off of Texans with high prices. I lived there and was amazed at the crazy prices. Now I am in the country in Central Texas.

Member #
    Liked
    31977 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPocket View Post

It's called "Virtue signalling." These companies are boycotting the NRA in the furtive hope that other companies will follow suit. In the end, it helps us because we'll also find out the companies who explicitly support the NRA and the 2A.
    I'm not sure it's about hoping others will follow, as much as it's an appeal to consumers. It's the other side of the "Black Rifle Coffee Company" coin. "Hey, they think like I do. I like buying from people like that."
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links