Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mostly Uncalled For Life Changes

Member #
    Liked
    3535 times

Mostly Uncalled For Life Changes

We all have them I suppose.

It's been a rough year or so, and that's why I've been pretty quiet on here.

I've been seeing a pain management doctor for about three years for trigger point injections in my thoracic spine. They do help. I've known I have arthritis in my upper back for years, and xrays and MRIs have confirmed that. Since my kidney stone surgeries in Dec.'16/Jan.'17, I've been having agonizing pain in my lower back and left leg and hip. Turns out the two Transverse Process lobes and the Spinous Process lobe on my L4 vertebra are broken off, pressing on the spinal cord and nerves leading to my leg and groin. Along with this, the disc between the L4 and L3 is herniated and ruptured. The L3 is offset above the L4 by 12mm. And it HURTS!

Back up to the kidney stone surgeries when I was told my Prostate is enlarged, "but that is normal for a man your age." After three bad PSA tests within the past year, I had a biopsy done yesterday. The spine Dr. was adamant that, if necessary, the prostate surgery would be priority.

Well, today is my third day of retirement. I put in my papers on the 20th of March, because I felt it better to convert my sick accruals toward continuing my health insurance rather than using it for recuperation, knowing I wouldn't have enough to cover both issues, and then returning to work in a prison with no more sick time. I feel so fortunate that I have reached the point that I can draw my full pension that I've worked in that God forsaken place for all these years.

On to the civilian life and happy for it!
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Member #
    Liked
    19660 times
    Dang man, I hope you find some comfort in your health issues!

You say prostate issue is being enlarged and not a cancer issue? Find a Urologist that does the "Urolift" procedure. I just had it done 11 days ago...my life is back since then. Sleeping through the night is truly a wonderful thing. Seriously "Urolift". If need be I can find the actual medical term for it.
    kcphelps and YOT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    22320 times
    Every day I wake up is a good day.
    Panda, kcphelps, Stroker and 1 others like this.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7279 times
    Wishing you the best and will say a prayer for you. The male prostate is a curse to the older man. I had the sugurgy and have had complete relief since 2008.
    kcphelps and YOT like this.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Member #
    Liked
    19333 times
    Sorry to hear that your health is posing some challenges. They say that, "Old Age Ain't for Sissies". Which I agree. I kind of personally look at it as punishment for enjoying my youth.........maybe just a little too much.

I'll keep you in my prayers,
    Stroker and YOT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Dang man, I hope you find some comfort in your health issues!

You say prostate issue is being enlarged and not a cancer issue? Find a Urologist that does the "Urolift" procedure. I just had it done 11 days ago...my life is back since then. Sleeping through the night is truly a wonderful thing. Seriously "Urolift". If need be I can find the actual medical term for it.
    I will absolutely ask him about the Urolift. As far as cancer or not, I won't know until a week from Monday. The appointment could have been sooner, but it's going to be a busy week. I searched for the Urolift and it came right up. Thanks. I don't have any problem sleeping through the night, even with .8 mg of generic Flomax.

Regardless, I'm looking at a fusion in the near future, and if it relieves the agony the sooner the better.
    darbo and mingaa like this.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    Sucks getting old, I feel your pain and I'm only 53.
    YOT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7898 times
    Chiropractor for temporary relief ?
    jonrjen and YOT like this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    3535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
    Chiropractor for temporary relief ?
    My spine is broken with bone fragments pressing on the spinal cord. Not likely a good idea to be adjusting that. A week ago I had "bilateral pars injections at the L4 vertibrae". That helped a bit. It's a cortisone steroid/lidocane concoction.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22793 times
    Sending prayers your way!
    YOT and ozzy like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links