Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Public service announcment

Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37142 times

Public service announcment

Since we're all getting older, I thought I'd share my experience

This is what Macular degeneration looks like. If you have it, get help because it will eventually blind you.

bobbojama and Yissnakk like this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31572 times
    I think that would drive me crazy and scare me silly at the same time.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    739 times
    Ok you have made me aware. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6148 times
    CWB is absolutely correct about this...

I am dealing with Wet Macular Degeneration as we speak. It is no fun but the treatment beats losing your vision.

I go once a month for shots directly into the eyeball to stall and control my WMD. The pain from the shots usually lasts overnight but is gone the next day. My next appointment is next Tuesday and if my eyes show enough improvement I will only have to go every 6 weeks instead of once a month.

Don
    Shooter9mm and GhostHorse like this.
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    5334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I am dealing with Wet Macular Degeneration as we speak.... I go once a month for shots directly into the eyeball to stall and control my WMD.
    UGGHHHH!! Man, I feel for ya', brother! A shot in the EYEBALL? Wow. There's only ONE (well, actually TWO) other place I'd rather NOT get a shot! I really hope it's helping because I would hate to see a fellow human being go through that for naught. All the best!!
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37142 times
    I actually have more trouble with the vertical lines getting wavy than I do with the horizontal lines.

Yeah, the shot isn't a lot of fun but it beats the alternative.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Wet AMD patient here as well - left eye only; Dry AMD developing in right eye.
    No treatment currently for the dry type, but it is usually much slower to cause vision loss.
    Completely familiar with the visual in post #1 as that's exactly the way my left eye functions.
    Receive shot in left eye every 5-6 weeks, starting on third year of treatment now and vision is holding steady.
    Just extremely fortunate to have a nationally known retina consultant right here in my town leading a first class research facility.

Learned recently that the compounds in the shots accelerate the formation of cataracts, so that's in the future as well.
    Preservation of sight trumps any and all of the interim inconveniences of treatments received.
    GhostHorse and CWB like this.
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Member #
    Liked
    7298 times
    That use to be just a Saturday night.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    I can smell a commie a mile away; they didn't fool me then and they damn sure don't fool me now!ooooLeejack

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter9mm View Post
    Wet AMD patient here as well - left eye only; Dry AMD developing in right eye.
    No treatment currently for the dry type, but it is usually much slower to cause vision loss.
    Completely familiar with the visual in post #1 as that's exactly the way my left eye functions.
    Receive shot in left eye every 5-6 weeks, starting on third year of treatment now and vision is holding steady.
    Just extremely fortunate to have a nationally known retina consultant right here in my town leading a first class research facility.

Learned recently that the compounds in the shots accelerate the formation of cataracts, so that's in the future as well.
    Preservation of sight trumps any and all of the interim inconveniences of treatments received.
    Suggest checking into a supplement called Preservision. Apparently studies show it helps preserve what’s left. Costco carries it. My Dad had macular degeneration and my Mom had Glaucoma so I’m probably doomed, but I use prescribed eye drops and take the Preservision.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31355 times
    Since obtaining a medicare replacement policy and getting my cataracts fixed, I've been having regular eye check ups. Hopefully, this will detect any other maladies like macular degeneration or glaucoma while I still have a chance to control it. My eyes are important to me.

Fellow at church in our bible study group, a 92 year old veteran of Korea and purple heart recipient (wounded at Porkchop Hill) has glaucoma. His vision is slowly deteriorating. He uses the drops, but is looking at surgery. He's old, but he's otherwise in pretty good health. He is a good man and genuine American hero and I'm proud to call him a friend.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 04-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links