Spell Checking Your Posts

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

Spell Checking Your Posts

If you haven't heard, there is a spell checker that works with Internet Explorer. You can find it at http://www.iespell.com/. It works on the newest versions and previous (back to IE 5 I believe). It is free for personal use. In "editable fields" in Internet Explorer (posting here) you can right click and choose the check spelling option. It is not Microsoft spell, but a third party designed just for this type environment. If the word offered at an option, then you are offered a definition. It will help your posts! As with all spell checkers... it can't tell if you mean "right clock" or "right click"... so you still need to read for proofing.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times

Re: Spell Checking Your Posts

Some people could really benefit from this, some more so than others of course.

So far, I don't see a whole lot of bad spelling here yet, which means we have a pretty sharp group around here. I know some other boards that this need to be posted on though. Nice find! I hope you don't mind me passing it along.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I've used the IESpell and its nice. Firefox also has something similar that comes with it.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

My spelling improved 100% with a spell checker... I missed it when posting to forums. It's nice to double check... for I HAVE been wrong!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Too bad Safari doesn't have this feature...or I may have not discovered it yet. And yes...I've seen this work in Firefox too whenever I use my PC or switch browsers on my MacBookPro.

Member #
    Liked
    113 times

I love this feature in FireFox. Works great for the most part and if you run accross a word thats not in there dictionary you can add it.

Sponsored Links