New Car....guess not - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: New Car....guess not

Member #
    Liked
    5335 times
    ^ Yep. Always remember at a car dealership the old adage "He who holds the gold makes the rules."
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbusmech View Post
    Attachment 406858 If the VIN number don't start with a 1 it ain't going home with me....

VIN Numbers that start with 1-assembled in the USA. 2-assembled in Canada. 3-assembled in Mexico. It could be a foreign company but the VIN will tell you where is is built. I would much rather buy something that costs that much to help out our American workers than those in Korea....
    Czechbikr likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    2439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misPhyr View Post
    If you can wait until the end of the month the dealers have to move inventory so you may get a better deal then. The Nissan Rouge is a good buy with plenty of features.
    Do online research of the different packages ie. SL, SEL, LTD, etc. Decide what options you want before going in and do not settle for less. Also check the dealers invoice price and the manufacture's rebates and incentives and refuse to pay a dealers prep fee. Good luck and don't be shy about walking away it is your money.
    I will never recommend any vehicle with a CVT type transmission. A buddy of mine had a transmission shop and he says he's never seen a good one. Every Nissan has them nowadays and they're just a ticking time bomb. The parts aren't terribly expensive but the labor is very high.

My wife is very happy with her 2016 Ford Explorer. We considered many options but Ford took care of her the best, not just professional but very personable, so that's why we went with them. You can't go wrong with Hyundai or Kia nowadays either though. Both have really stepped up in the world as of late. You have a pretty tough decision on your hands but I don't think you'll be disappointed in either you make.
    The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

in·fringe /inˈfrinj/: act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2281 times
    It always amazes me that I come into a store willing to pay as much as 30k for a new car, and sales staff don't have time for me. Funny, Carmax will sell me what I want at about 35 percent off new, with a full warranty and they're actually polite. I'd prefer new, but you know, I'll settle for used and respect.
    Fishinkeylargo and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeperCreeper View Post
    ... You can't go wrong with Hyundai or Kia nowadays either though. Both have really stepped up in the world as of late....
    I'll second that. My wife has always driven Lexuses (Lexi?). First a 300, then the 400, then a 420. I thought the 420 was about as nice as you could get but the Hyundai Genesis G90 is one FINE automobile, and for $20 grand less than a Lexus!
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    5697 times
    I drive a Kia Soul and actually love the car, and it was very inexpensive (used with 40k miles for $9800). Good gas mileage too. Unfortunately I have not had good experiences with the American car market in my price range. Maybe their higher end cars are nice, but the lower end ones I've purchased have left much to be desired. If you buy a Kia Soul, be sure to get one 2012 or newer. They switched to a timing chain instead of a timing belt, and the 6 speed transmission in 2012. The newer transmission is quite good on this car.
    Stroker and Fishinkeylargo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    After a lot of research I bought a Nissan Rogue in February and I absolutely love it. I considered the Edge but the Ford salesman turned my wife off and that was the kiss of death for him and the Edge. I also considered the Kia Sorento but I could not pass up the deal they offered me for the Rogue.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    913 times
    My personal experience and advice from professional mechanics says to avoid Nissans like the plague, give any turbo engine a wide pass and never ever buy a a car with a CVT. Other than trucks GM, Ford and Fiat-Chrysler ain't worth a dang.
    Stroker and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    Guns have only 2 enemies, rust and politicians.
    You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stay alive.
    Assault is a behavior not a device, 69,997,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker627 View Post
    After a lot of research I bought a Nissan Rogue in February and I absolutely love it. I considered the Edge but the Ford salesman turned my wife off and that was the kiss of death for him and the Edge. I also considered the Kia Sorento but I could not pass up the deal they offered me for the Rogue.
    I like the Nissan Rogue, wish they would step up their warranty coverage. Also had a Rogue for a rental for about a week. I have a Nissan now and have been pretty happy with it. I may look at them again if I can't make a good deal on the Hyundai. I'm not really a car person so I don't plan to spend a lot for all the bells and whistles.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    6513 times
    Don't blame you for that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links