Best Bourbon just above the bottom shelf? - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Best Bourbon just above the bottom shelf?

Member #
    Liked
    31809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Bourbon? Yuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStop View Post
    I haven't seen that brand...
    I have, it comes with a black label that has "Jack Daniels" written on it. Stuff tastes like formaldehyde.
    BackStop and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    I prefer the Kentucky Bourbons over the Tennessee Whiskeys, so if I want to have a Jim Beam type taste on a budget it is Old Crow. If I have a hankering for a Tennessee type flavor of a Jack Daniels, it is Evan Williams. I like my Old Crow!

Member #
    Liked
    3572 times
    I recently bought some Old Crow to cook with. Not s bad bourbon. I have taken a liking Elijah Craig lately.
    GreenWolf70 and BackStop like this.
    Ostendo Non Ostendo

A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
    The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.” —Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4179 times
    Denton, RScottie and BackStop like this.
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    10992 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStop View Post
    I like WT 101 as well and I find it to be smoother than the 80p offering. Still, it is about twice what I want to pay for this gathering. Although, I have thought of buying some cheap stuff and putting it in a WT 101 bottle! (evil grin) Seriously, I don't think anyone in this gathering would know the difference.
    Actually, the bottom shelf stuff that tastes like top shelf is Evan Williams 1783, I can find it around here for under $30 for a half gallon. Now in the $30-$40 range for a fifth, or .750 liter, I like 1792, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, and maybe just under $30, Elijah Craig. But I do not drink "mixed" drinks, only straight. The Evan Williams works just fine for mixing, but will still impress those who drink it straight. JMHO.
    230JHP and BackStop like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    7278 times
    WT. EW are both good choices but so is Makers Mark.
    BackStop likes this.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Member #
    Liked
    1529 times
    Not start a war, but............Jack Daniel's is a brand of Tennessee whiskey and the top selling American whiskey in the world.[5][6] It is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee, by the Jack Daniel Distillery, which has been owned by the Brown-Forman Corporation since 1956.[7] Despite being the location of a major operational distillery, Jack Daniel's home county of Moore is a dry county, so the product is not available for purchase at stores or restaurants within the county.[8]The product meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, though the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon.[9][10] As defined in the North American Free Trade Agreement, Tennessee Whiskey is classified as a straight bourbon authorized to be produced in the state of Tennessee.And Gentleman Jack is quite different.....got introduced to it a number of years a go, before it was even available in most states and was a very limited production. But as you say if is not for everyone, I really prefer Bacardi Silver, but the sugar started to wrek havoc with me Had to go to Windsor/diet or GJ on the rocks
    Denton and BackStop like this.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space

Member #
    Liked
    5355 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    The bourbon which is often found near the bottom shelf but deserves to be just under the top shelf, (In my humble, but quite experienced opinion), is Evan Williams. For what it's worth...
    I bought a pint of Evan Williams 1783 to use for some holiday cooking around Thanksgiving
    thinking it was just like any other cheap bourbon. I might have to do a little drinking if this
    is true.
    BackStop likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3898 times
    Weller's...
    BackStop likes this.
    "A man can hope, he can dream, he can pray. The toughest thing he'll ever do, is participate." Switchbow

"Class is something you acquire by your humility and forge with your conduct." Switchbow

"Go ahead, skin that smokewagon and see what happens" Wyatt Earp

T = Tolerating
    O = Overbearing
    L = Liberals
    E = Everywhere
    R = Repressing
    A = America's
    N = National
    C = Collective
    E = Efforts

Member #
    Liked
    48157 times
    Top Budget Bourbons on googlefu have mostly what is listed, but he mentioned Fitzgerald.
    Says it's in between Wellers and Markers Mark, taste wise.
    Last edited by rollin thunder; 12-19-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    BackStop likes this.
    We the People...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links