Best Bourbon just above the bottom shelf? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Best Bourbon just above the bottom shelf?

Member #
    Liked
    2303 times
    Bird Dog. Rebel Yell.
    BackStop likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    LOL, when I got diagnosed with type II diabetes, Doc said I could have one alcoholic drink and one cigar a day. Beer is a waste, it is like eating one potato chip. Wine is OK occasionally, but I really like my Bourbon and my wife makes sure I only get one. Cigars are good for when I feel like sitting around and talking to friends.
    But -- did he say what SIZE of alcoholic drink?

Name:  big drink gif.gif
Views: 72
Size:  963.1 KB
    BackStop and slong115 like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27319 times
    I stick with second shelf myself. Most Folgers Columbian, it's not top shelf Starbucks Pike Peak, but I like it.
    BackStop and rollin thunder like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    But -- did he say what SIZE of alcoholic drink?

Name:  big drink gif.gif
Views: 72
Size:  963.1 KB
    LOL, my wife limits it to one shot, but the size of that shot has gotten larger over time. I imagine if my sugar numbers got out of whack she would say something to me about cutting it back. Between her and the kids, there is a good bit of oversight as to what I eat and drink...and I know it is all out of love.
    230JHP and Grumpy like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    7279 times
    I was gifted a bottle of Eagles Rare Platinum last Christmas. This is very good bourbon for sipping for a evening warm up.
    ELW00D and BackStop like this.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStop View Post
    Although JD is popular, I can't stand it. Not to mention it is NOT Bourbon.

It is Tennessee Whiskey. Nothing wrong with that, but JD should be in a category all to itself!
    I am with you on Jack Daniels...at least the Old No. 7 which is the only one I have ever tried. Haven't tried their other offerings but will be touring their distillery early next year as I have a buddy from Brazil coming for a visit and that is one of his "Must see" places. Oddly enough, Jack Daniels does everything I think you should do in making whiskey...especially their charcoal filtering, but I just don't like their product despite them doing everything 'right'.

I do have a 1.75L bottle of Evan Williams White label (bonded) that I like quite a bit. I don't drink whiskey or bourbon straight very often, though. I tend to mix it with Coke so no sense in spending a huge amount on a fine bourbon just for that. A favorite of mine back in Michigan that I am having problems finding in SC is Ezra Brooks. I have seen it listed at stores near me but I never find it in-stock which is why I opted for the White label Evan Williams. That bottle was less than $30....I think closer to $27 if I remember correctly. It takes me a long time to drink 1.75L of spirits...so I bought it around Feb of this year and can't remember the exact price.
    BackStop likes this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    1163 times
    My stomach can't take it straight anymore, so I mix as well. However, I don't use Coke. Used to, but I think it hides the flavor too much. Now, I mix with lemon/lime soda. Not 7-UP, which I don't like for some reason, but Kroger brand Big-K cans. Used to buy the 2-liter, but they always went flat before I could finish them. The 12oz cans, although usually higher per ounce, end up being cheaper for me.

Quote Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
    I am with you on Jack Daniels...at least the Old No. 7 which is the only one I have ever tried. Haven't tried their other offerings but will be touring their distillery early next year as I have a buddy from Brazil coming for a visit and that is one of his "Must see" places. Oddly enough, Jack Daniels does everything I think you should do in making whiskey...especially their charcoal filtering, but I just don't like their product despite them doing everything 'right'.

I do have a 1.75L bottle of Evan Williams White label (bonded) that I like quite a bit. I don't drink whiskey or bourbon straight very often, though. I tend to mix it with Coke so no sense in spending a huge amount on a fine bourbon just for that. A favorite of mine back in Michigan that I am having problems finding in SC is Ezra Brooks. I have seen it listed at stores near me but I never find it in-stock which is why I opted for the White label Evan Williams. That bottle was less than $30....I think closer to $27 if I remember correctly. It takes me a long time to drink 1.75L of spirits...so I bought it around Feb of this year and can't remember the exact price.
    slong115 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3176 times
    Not to sound too snobby, but this is as bottom-shelf as I'll go on bourbon:

Name:  Knob Creek.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  227.2 KB

The cheaper stuff turns my stomach.
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStop View Post
    My stomach can't take it straight anymore, so I mix as well. However, I don't use Coke. Used to, but I think it hides the flavor too much. Now, I mix with lemon/lime soda. Not 7-UP, which I don't like for some reason, but Kroger brand Big-K cans. Used to buy the 2-liter, but they always went flat before I could finish them. The 12oz cans, although usually higher per ounce, end up being cheaper for me.
    I also mix it with ginger ale from time to time. That was my Dad's favorite way to mix it so I have one mixed that way once in awhile just in his memory! I have to use diet forms of whatever I mix, though.....damned diabetes!
    BackStop likes this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    2116 times
    I love me some Knob Creek... I just don't spend that much usually. Love some Buffalo Trace too but same story.

As for keeping the home shelves stocked it would consist mostly of Evan Williams, Jim Beam white or better yet now is Jim Beam black. All three of these is what I call just above bottom shelf...

I enjoy a Rye Whiskey on occasion too. Bulleit brand is currently my favorite of the Rye's (but is also not cost friendly to me), though I haven't tried as many as I would like.

I will say... these threads end up costing me lots of money because everyone has a suggestion and I'm all about trying a new bourbon...

I would like to try out more bourbons that use rye grain as I think it appeals to me more. Someone mentioned Buffalo Trace earlier I think that mentioned rye... now I will see if I can find any of their other brands with that nice link that was posted... bye bye money!
    BackStop and slong115 like this.
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links