The Taurus mentions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The Taurus mentions

I've been reading on other forums and have noticed that most people seem to talk down about Taurus weapons. Why is that? I have had no problems with mine (I had a low and to the left problem, it was found to be ammo). ???

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times

Re: The Taurus mentions

It's the nature of things ... they are just haters.

Brand loyalty have a lot to do with it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

That's kinda what I was figureing. Just wanted to check though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Years back Taurus made cheap copies of existing handguns. The quality of these weapons left something to be desired, and alot of people got burned. Since then Taurus has evolved into the major manufacturer it is today, with quality equal to S&W. Those who have tried newer Taurus's have learned this, but alot of folks who haven't are still out there bad-mouthing them.
    You will also find a large group of "Firearm Snobs" out there, very "dedicated" to the more pricey brands.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

The gun snobs....probably never owned a Taurus. Just practice and outshoot some guy with a high end gun. That'll change their tune!

Member #
    Liked
    8505 times

Can't speak for everyone here, but it seems that most Taurus owners are not Taurus fanatics and usually have other manufacturers models if not limited to one brand. Some have found that all their needs are filled by Taurus and may not have other brands. That's just fine also. When something works there is no reason to look further.

Taurus.Rossi, defunct Star, and Bersa never seem to get the credit when it is due.

Some American brands are the same way. While the "snobs" have had a majority of threads and posts at other forums it can be said that the positive threads are more numerous then before and the "snobs" have been leaving the positive ones alone.

Can't get much "press" if it isn't part of a thread slamming a certain product. Being a cynic at heart I figure quite a few of the "tell me the pros and cons" threads about certain brands are really people who are just waiting for or know that negative opinions are going to flow.

True. There are many brand new shooters who ask legitimate questions and want reliable info. One of my pet peeves is an answered question of certain brand and then some yahoo goes and posts the same topic in the same day or two and asks the same question without checking the other recent threads.

So while there are Taurus fans here,there are no fanatics. Fanatics are unstable and try to take someone with them in the name of a cause or cannot see reason and common sense. Will know kick the back under the table.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Fanatics do have a use. Its handy on occasion to have someone around to charge uphill.

An interesting point on Taurus, I think they came out with the Lifetime Warranty idea first. That then forced other makes to copy or lose market share. If Taurus's were junk, they wouldn't have worried.

Smaller or less established companies that don't have a listed warranty policy give me cause to wonder if I should purchase a firearm of theirs.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    8505 times

Good point Steelheart. Taurus not only started it all as mentioned, but has stood by what they preach. Had to send my 669 back because the adjustable sight popped off and a tiny ball bearing was lost. Taurus did the repair work and did not charge a penny even though it was owner ignorance and my mistake. Hadn't even sent in the warranty card when the revolver was purchased and they still didn't flinch from servicing the revolver. This was back and being spanking brand new to firearms. Since poor companies fail that put out shoddy products, there would be many familar names gone from the gun production scene if that was the case. At least the ones that receive the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome."No respect. No respect I tell you. Put a steak around my neck and the dog nearly : starved to death rather than play with me."

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

The best way to shut up the gun snob is out shoot him with your Taurus, then out shoot him with his gun.

It's hard to teach some folks that it's usually the operator and not the tool that determines worth.
    Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31054 times

Yeah, I've noticed most negative posters, be it Taurus, Kel Tec, Ruger, whatever, are the "If it ain't a Smith and Wesson, it ain't sh--" crowd. I have also noticed that the guys that stick up for KT or Taurus or Ruger in such threads tend to own more'n just one brand. Seems to me if you're going to bash a gun, you should at least own one first. :

Personally, I own three Taurus revolvers, no autos (I'm a revolver kinda guy anyway), a couple of Ruger P series autos, three Ruger single action revolvers, one Smith and Wesson revolver, two Rossi revolvers, one Kel Tec auto, one Grendel auto, NAA mini, Phoenix Arms HP22, Ramline Exactor pistol, AR7 Explorer 2, Erma LA22, CVA 31 pocket remington, etc, etc, etc. See any brand trends here? I just buy guns that attract my fancy! My Taurus guns are two M66 revolvers, an older hammer block action and a newer nickeled transfer bar action, and a M85UL .38 snubby. I have nothing, but accolades for these three revolvers and I fully intend to own more Taurus revolvers and perhaps an auto or three in the future! I can say the same about Rossi revolvers, but that their selection is pretty poor. I'd really like a 4" titanium Tracker, but I can't afford the entry fees right now. I'd love one in .41 magnum. Yummy. I just keep finding these used M66 .357s for cheap, cheap in great shooting shape and unreal accurate.

I'd rank the M66 as the equal of any Smith and Wesson M19/66 and I had a M19. I can see little difference in quality, fit and finish, or trigger to my newer M66. The older one is a little rougher in the trigger with the older lockwork, but I like it cause it's a 3" and carries well. People yap about the Taurus being a lesser gun, but I fail to see it, frankly. Both of my guns out-shoot my 19 and my old Ruger Security Six for accuracy with .38 special and shoot equally well with .357 Magnum. I've heard guys gripe about Taurus chambers being cut to large, how the bullet shouldn't fall through. Well, I don't know, all I know is when I sit down with the gun and can put 5 rounds into a one inch cluster at 25 yards off sand bags, that's as good as my old eyes can shoot and if that gun wasn't accurate, I couldn't sit down and repeat that feat with regularity. I don't know how the chambers are cut, but they must be cut right if I can get that sort of accuracy in TWO out of TWO examples I've bought used at gun shows for UNDER 200 bucks! Both these guns are tight, the newer one especially so, and both time perfectly. I can't see the criticisms in these guns that I've seen in print about them on BBSs by the snobs. If I'm a fool, fine, but I try to spend my money wisely and I can't find a Smith around here for anything near less than TWICE what I gave for the M66s. I'd rather have a like new M66 4" nickel Taurus for $197 than a 30 or 40 year old Smith M19 with measurable end play, 70 percent bluing from holster wear, and $400+. IOW, I'd rather have a nice like new Taurus for half the price of a worn out POS Smith, I don't really care what's stamped on the side plate. :

Thanks for letting me rant in a peaceful environment. LOL!
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links