The Taurus mentions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: The Taurus mentions

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher
    The best way to shut up the gun snob is out shoot him with your Taurus, then out shoot him with his gun.

It's hard to teach some folks that it's usually the operator and not the tool that determines worth.
    Whoa! Dude! At first I thought you said the only way to shut up a gun snob was to shoot him with your Taurus. I thought that was a little extreme......lol.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

I'm sure that thought has crossed a mind or two along the way.
    Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

As previously stated by others, Taurus builds as safe and operational firearm as any one else, and better than many. I also own numerous different brands, but most of my handguns are Rugers, (none are centerfire semi auto) with a mixture of some 1911s, Browning HiPower, two Makerovs, and my most recent purchase a KelTech PA 3. Don't own any real High Dollar such as Kimber, Para Ordinance, Glock, but know and shoot with those who do. So far, I've been very well satisfied with my "less expensive" firearms, and will continue purchasing if and when something trips my trigger. Those who look down their noses as us, just don't have a clue. Kind of like knives. On the various Knife Discussions, you read of these guys who just can not imagine anyone who can get by with less than a $400 custom folder or fixed blade. Sure I appreciate most of the custom features, but would not feel comfortable with such an expensive knife in the woods. Would much rather have a half dozen less expensive knives, for less money than one custom, and if I broke or lost one, sure would feel bad, but still have others to continue, rather than be without a knife. Same with Taurus, Makarov, KelTech, can afford one of each rather than one Kimber, and get much more use and probably owner's satisfaction. Each of us have different life styles, uses for our various firearms, knives, and I also refuse to be changed. BTW, this was in no way a flame toward Kimber or others, but just an explanation of my feelings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8582 times

Didn't figure you were flaming any body Oldhand 10. You've got valid points.

At some of the other forums Kel-tech is getting dumped on know and a recent thread on S&W revolvers was negative. Why the sudden spate of negativity about them I would not venture to guess. Some was valid, but most was not. Nothing wrong with most if not all their products.

So what works , works.

And if a gun make and model work well for you, nothing else matters

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I had to laugh a bit, you're right. My Kimber is a base model and for what I paid for it I could have gotten my makarov, my Taurus (M85SS) and my old Keltec P32 with a little left over for ammo.

Yes, many of the high dollar 1911's are capable of shooting very small groups but the majority of owners don't have the skill to do it. I know my Kimber shoots much better than I do.

However, I have heard that some of the recent (last couple of years) Smith revolvers are lacking in the QC department.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

It's a certain thing that people only talk about what they know, and anything outside of that is crap. The only way to know is to shoot it. I've found that I take great satisfaction in that I shoot as well (and better)with my PT111 as do my co-workers that own Berettas, Smiths, SIGs and Glocks. If they don't know you just pray that their ignorance isn't contagious.

Member #
    Liked
    763 times

It seems there are still may of those out there who criticize Taurus yet on the other hand, I'm seeing more and more who either express an interest in purchasing Taurus or those who have made a first-time purchase and want more of their products.

The PT1911 is one of those gems that speaks for itself, no other introduction is necessary. Due to it being a quality product which offers the same features as those found on some competitor's 1911s, but at a significantly reduced price, Taurus is selling them like the proverbial hotcakes.

"You gotta be one of the good guys, son, 'cause there's way too many of the bad." - John Custer to his son Jesse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links