Burglar hits home again while police are present -- AND STEALS AGAIN!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Burglar hits home again while police are present -- AND STEALS AGAIN!

How in the hell? I thought when I read this headline I'd be reading about another dumb criminal that came back and the cops got him. I WAS WRONG!

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...WS01/908290320

====

Burglar hits home again while police are present
    TV left behind, then stolen again as police investigate

Travis Griggs • [email protected] • August 29, 2009

Steve Fluegge was shocked when he walked downstairs in his North Hill home about 6 a.m. Friday and came face to face with a burglar in his living room.

But he was even more shocked when, less than three hours later, the burglar returned and swiped a television he left in the backyard — while a police investigator was still on the scene.

"While they were inside processing the scene, the thieves came back and took it," Fluegge said.

"They were all very embarrassed," said Fluegge, 57.

Fluegge said he discovered the burglar inside his home in the 1400 block of North Spring Street shortly after waking up Friday morning.

"I said, 'What the hell are you doing in my house?' " Fluegge said.

The man ran from the house and fled across the backyard, disappearing into the early morning fog.

"We called the police and they were here within just a minute or so. There were policemen all over the place," Fluegge said.

Pensacola Police Department Capt. Jay Worley said several police units canvassed the neighborhood looking for the suspect, even using a K-9 to track the man's scent. But after looking for more than an hour, they gave up the search.

The burglar made off with several items, including Fluegge's wallet, a watch and a Nintendo 64 video game system. But he left one of the biggest items — the Fluegges' 42-inch plasma television — sitting near a fence in their backyard.

"It's a big, heavy TV. It probably weighed close to 100 pounds. You're not going to carry that thing a mile or two down the road," Fluegge said.

A crime scene technician arrived on the scene about 8 a.m.

Worley said the technician didn't want to move the TV before he dusted it for fingerprints, but he couldn't dust it immediately because it was damp with dew. He covered it with a plastic tarp and left it in the backyard to dry while he worked inside the house.

But when the technician returned about 45 minutes later, the tarp had been tossed aside, and the TV was gone.

"It looks bad and everything, but there's no way it could have been foreseen that someone would come back and do that," Worley said.

"We're doing everything we can to locate the suspect and not mess up the evidence. ... We had no reason to believe the TV would be stolen again," Worley said.

Worley said Friday afternoon that police were still searching for the man, and they hope that crime scene processing from inside the home will link them to a suspect.

Fluegge said the Pensacola Police Department offered to pay for the stolen TV, which cost about $1,000, and overall, he's in fairly good spirits about the ordeal.

He said he and his wife, Bridget, have lived in the home for 15 years, and it never had been broken into before. The couple said they're still shocked at the brazenness of the thief, who came back even though a crime scene van was parked out front.

=====
    [glow=blue,5,400]*State of Florida Weapons & Firearms Statute Ch. 790 link below*[/glow]
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0790/titl0790.htm

*"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away"*

~Colt .38 Special Official Police~Taurus PT145 3rd Generation~

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8216 times

Re: Burglar hits home again while police are present -- AND STEALS AGAIN!

Barney Fife on the job again. Pretty embarrassing but now a days I would not put anything past the brazen criminals. They don't care and will do just about anything if they are hooked on drugs. Which this sounds like. It is kind of funny.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Jflorida, I had a bad feeling this would be in good ol' Florida when I saw that you posted this... ha

Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR
    Sig Sauer SigPro SP2022 9mm
    Glock 22 RTF2 .40S&W
    Springfield GI 1911 Stainless .45ACP
    Spike's Tactical Mid-Length LE Carbine 5.56
    Winchester 1300 12gauge

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Well, I guess the only good thing to come out of this is the police have offered to replace the TV.
    NRA Member
    Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm
    Taurus PT92AF
    Polish P64 9x18
    Springfield 87A .22LR semi-auto
    Phoenix Arms HP22A
    CZ 82 9x18
    Mauser 7x57 bolt action

Member #
    Liked
    61 times

It's probably in the back of the crime scene van!!!
    "Power stems from the barrel of a gun" - Mao Tse-Tung
    "Ignorance can be corrected through education. Stupid is just permanent!!!" - Tslepebull
    "Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!" - Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto411
    Jflorida, I had a bad feeling this would be in good ol' Florida when I saw that you posted this... ha
    HA! It's just which part of Florida that makes you Hmmmmmmmm as you click the thread. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SGR1971
    It's probably in the back of the crime scene van!!!
    Shhh. You weren't supposed to catch that. LMAO.
    [glow=blue,5,400]*State of Florida Weapons & Firearms Statute Ch. 790 link below*[/glow]
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0790/titl0790.htm

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16229 times

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    500 times

I wouldn`t want to have to explain that one to the chief.
    In memory of Connie Ann Johnson, July 9,1962- March 31, 2011
    In memory of Calvin "P`nut" Hicks, August 22, 1950- August 14,2014
    U.S. Army 1969-1971. R.I.P. P`nut

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

CJS3 that is HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!

BANNED
    Member #
    Liked
    441 times

wow - cant believe that. it wouldve probably gone down a little diffferent here in georgia at my house. more like -
    "Hey - what the hell are you doing in my house?" BANG / BANG/ BANG. "911" - "what is your emergency". "some a**hole just got blood all over my wifes new rugs - could you send some body over to clean it up please.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links