Had to use my 45

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Had to use my 45

You know, I have to say i'm a bit annoyed at the thread locking of the other post, "Had to use my 45."

Yes, it was misleading, but had I come right out and said it was a dream at the front it would not have had the same effect.

It should have got your heart pounding a bit. You should have been unsure of things and perhaps a bit confused. You should have identified with the main character and thought "man, this could very easily be me" at some point. That was the purpose.

That has been posted on two other forums with very positive results. It gave folks a glimpse at what a real life situation might look like without the liability of posting a real life situation online. I've always thought it was very important to be mindful that this stuff can happen to you.

Since most people respond to hypothetical with the assumption that it will not come to them, the first step in adjusting to your present social situation is the hard, clear, unflinching understanding that it can indeed come to us - personally.

It is amazing to read people that did not choose to believe this until after they have been victimized. They all knew that burglary, robbery, assault and murder were not only possible, but frequent, but they took no precautions, but they took no precautions because they simply would not admit that they, themselves, could be the victim.
    - Jeff Cooper
    The real purpose was to get you to see how important awareness of your situation is and how very simple misunderstandings can quickly escalate in some situations.

I suppose if it was disturbing enough for an admin to lock the thread then it did it's job.

In the end, this forum is a private communication board and it's your playground to arbitrate and police, but perhaps you should ponder thought provoking posts a bit more before reading them and locking them 30 seconds later. After all, Freedom of Speech is one of the principles you were originally armed by our forefathers to protect (assuming you're American).

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Thread Locked - Had to use my 45

Fully agree. I see no reason to lock this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

The discussion about this post amongst the staff was initiated by me. Staff members had received complaints about this, and it was reviewed before it was locked. Most forums do not allow "What If" scenarios that involve fictional shootings and behavior of this nature.

I feel this could have been presented in a different manner, and you still could have gotten your point across.

The move to lock the post was taken by Administration following a review and discussion by the moderating staff.

It is the intent of the owners of this forum to run a professional operation, with primary focus on the use of Taurus firearms.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

At the risk of being labeled a deviant, I shall continue my protest. I would like to point out that I'm not mad. This is not a protest out of anger. I am concerned at what seems to be a heavy hand and over-reaction in leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelfm
    The discussion about this post amongst the staff was initiated by me. Staff members had received complaints about this, and it was reviewed before it was locked.
    You may have received complaints, but I got a few letters of encouragement and folks asking why the thread was locked. I invite those folks to make their opinions known if they are so inclined.

Most forums do not allow "What If" scenarios
    I apologize in advance for the terse sound to this, but I couldnít think of another way to phrase it.

I am not interested in how other forums are run. This is the forum I participate in (among others).

If others arenít playing the what-if game then thatís their bad. We should all be playing this game. For those that donít understand why, thatís a discussion for another time. That game can literally save your life, just as working through scenarios like the one posted.

It is the intent of the owners of this forum to run a professional operation, with primary focus on the use of Taurus firearms.
    I understand this forum is dedicated to the fine Taurus products, but what do you think those fine Taurus products are used for?

The post in no way detracts from the professional nature of the forum in my opinion, but thatís ultimately your call to make, not mine. I would like to see your supporting logic for making that judgment though, because following that logic is a bit difficult for me.

I feel this could have been presented in a different manner, and you still could have gotten your point across.
    I will be happy to post a warning at the front of the post about its graphic nature if that is what offended.

What manner would you have had me present it in that would not have lessened the emotional impact? The subject is emotional. Itís bound to stir that pot.

As I said before, if it shocked folks; if it got a reaction; if your heart beat a bit faster. That was the point. Think through these scenarios and ask yourself what you would have done.

The move to lock the post was taken by Administration following a review and discussion by the moderating staff.
    That may indeed be the case, all I can testify to is what I observed. I saw a post by one administrator that is still there. About 30 seconds later I got an automated notice from the system saying the thread was locked.

I was never contacted. I was never asked by any of the leadership to address any of their concerns either before or even after locking. That smacks of censorship and a draconian mentality. I believe it could have been handled in a more professional manner, and certainly in an atmosphere thatís a bit more friendly to liberty.

I begin to wonder though. If basic liberty to speak your mind has no place here than I am forced to ponder if I have a place here.

Being different, strong, reliable, fair and standing behind your word is what Taurus is all about right?

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I didn't read the entire last post, but I get the idea where it's going. I understand your protest, but I don't see where it contributed to the site. It was a very well written story and props to you for that.

I'm not really interested in what others and other forums think about the story, but that story had nothing in the interest of Taurus firearms. I don't want this site to become a bunch of what if stories. I will admit, I like reading them from time to time, but if/when I do, I will go find them on other, more appropriate forums.

No hard feelings here or by any of the other staff, I hope that reciprocates on your side as well.

EDITING THE POST:
    This is a forum for discussing Taurus firearms. The usage of them beyond target shooting isn't any of our concerns and doesn't need to be brought here.

If anyone has any problems with it, you can PM me. There's no use in making any new threads. They are to be removed immediatly without question or comments.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

well then, feel free to delete my account on the board.

i want no part of any group that is run like this one.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

If you wish to not participate, do not click on the links. I'm sorry you feel this way, but this is not the place to bring discussions like that. I'm sorry.

Sponsored Links