Rioters .... check out this vid
    TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times

Rioters .... check out this vid

LINK!

Do ya'll think a CCW weapon would be effective here?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30894 times

Re: Rioters .... check out this vid

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    LINK!

Do ya'll think a CCW weapon would be effective here?
    I can't believe no one got shot! I know if I was driving down a street and came into something like that, I'd take a few of 'em out. Purely self defense, in fear of my life. And, in Texas, you can defend property.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30894 times

Wow, I found the answer to this problem....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_%28flamethrower%29
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times

I want one!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

That is why most all carry forums say to carry the largest handgun you can handle and to always carry at least 2 xtra mags. That way, when you step out of the door and open fire, you have the chance of putting as much of that garbage on the pavement as you can. Shoot till out of ammo or the gun breaks. Trash like that should be exterminated, not merely wounded.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death, or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30894 times

Quote Originally Posted by DinKS
    That is why most all carry forums say to carry the largest handgun you can handle and to always carry at least 2 xtra mags. That way, when you step out of the door and open fire, you have the chance of putting as much of that garbage on the pavement as you can. Shoot till out of ammo or the gun breaks. Trash like that should be exterminated, not merely wounded.
    As much as I agree in concept, you would have to weigh the consequences of your actions. If you are in direct threat for your life, take 'em out. In Texas, you can even legally use lethal force to protect your property (your car). But, you'd better not be shootin' any of 'em in the back as they run off. They'd better actually pose a direct threat, or you could find yourself in a prison cell with a few of 'em...and unarmed.

Since in this vid, there's about a bazillion of 'em against YOU, you are in peril just by weight of numbers alone and I reckon you'd want a couple of 15 rounders spare for your 9. Heck, if I lived in that neiborhood, I'd carry my P85 Ruger with all five 15 rounders loaded with +P+. Too much is never enough, LOL!
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Before I'd seriously think about shooting any/all of them I would have run many of them over first. And I would have driven on the sidewalks to attempt to get away. But when push comes to shove, having some ground clearance, a V8 and 4wd will get through quite a bit. Even if I did get blocked into an area, I would still try to do some serious damage with my vehicle.

And I think that might be a good place for a short shotgun!

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30894 times

If I was solo, I'd likely be on one of my motorcycles. No problem getting away on the bike, IF I could keep 'em from getting to me. The worst case I can think of is being in my wife's Toyota with the wife and getting trapped. Then, I'd just have to take the chance and start shootin'. If I got shot, so be it. Sort of an Alamo situation, but I ain't lettin' 'em get to the wife. Something tells me these punks ain't exactly brave individually. The bark from my 3" Taurus 66 with 125 grain full house hollowpoints would likely cause a stampede. I don't think any one of these punks is brave enough to be the first one to charge me and I doubt after a couple of his buddies fell, he'd want to try me with a firearm. If I were defending my wife, that's the chance I'd have to take.

Most of the time when I'm going to the big city, I'm carrying my Kel Tec P11 as a back up, usually one reload, sometimes 2, and I have the .357 Taurus revolver or my 8 shot Ruger P90 .45. I bought the Taurus to wear IWB in warmer months because a revolver doesn't have that slide that prints so much. I figure with the 9 as a back up, I have some amount of firepower. So, if I were to come upon something like this, I'd likely be armed with a 6 shot revolver as a primary.

Might be a good idea if I drove in an area like this much to take along my 20 round SKS carbine. I have it in an "assault rifle" case with spare stripper clips. I could just lock the case in the trunk when I'm out of the car, take it out and put it in the car when I get back in. I never carry it when I'm going somewhere, though. The likelihood of getting in a situation like this in Texas is nil even in big cities. Punks have more sense than to challenge an armed society. You know what they say, "An armed society is a polite society." Something tells me this happened some place like New Jersey where the general population is mostly unarmed.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Sponsored Links