how many in here have xbox 360 consoles and how many times have u got the red ri
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

how many in here have xbox 360 consoles and how many times have u got the red ri

well me and my son are on are 3rd 360,first one was the core bundle without hard drive.that lasted 8months,if u think taurus cs is bad try micro soft,so i called the toll free# never did speak to anyone i could understand,a real pain in rear.so like a dummy went out and bought the 360 elite this thing was supposed to NOT get the 3 red light,and they wherent lying it only got 1 red light(still not playable with 1 red light)that lasted about a year. so the last one we have is the 360 arcade much lower price now 199.00 had a 40.00$ off coupon for circuit city before they went out of business.so far so good still working. tried the ps3 didnt like it i think the online play and graphics of the 360 are better(plus a load of great games)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: how many in here have xbox 360 consoles and how many times have u got the red ri

I have never had the Red Ring, But my buddy has and he looked on Craigslist for a repair person. He found one, It was a 13 old boy but he still let him look at it. A week later the kid called him and said the thing was done. So he went to go pick it up and the kid charged him 30 buck ( which from what i here is about average for fixing the the red ring). To this day the 360 works fine and has not had a problem plus the kid put 2500 Nintendo games on the console for free. So the red ring can be fixed easily, its really not that big of a deal anymore like it was when they first cam out.

My other friend has gone through 3 PS3's all because of the Yellow Light of Death. He hasn't had to pay for them because of Best Buy insurance. So he got lucky on that.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: how many in here have xbox 360 consoles and how many times have u got the red ri

do you know what he did to it,cause me and my son did the towel trick it really worked but only delayed the end for about 1 month after that we took it apart and looked at the cpu where the thermal grease(thats what i call it)i think its the heat sink stripped it off and applied some new to it,that made it work for another 2 months by the way that was the first 360. it finally took a big dump so we took it to the range and fixed it good lol! will never work again!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    187 times

We are on our third Xbox 360. It seems the "red ring of death" is a regular visitor at our house. But it's always been within the warrantee period so they have all been replaced for free. Our current one has lasted over a year and a half with no problems though.
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have no clue what this kid did to it but its been 9 or 10 months since being fixed and its all good. If something like this happens again go to craigslist in your area and look for a repair person. As said before it was only 30 bucks.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

sounds like a plan will check that out thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I am on my 5th console!, in 4 years
    Taurus PT145 .45 cal
    Taurus PT140 .40 cal
    Taurus 689 .357 4" ss
    Ruger P944DAO .40 cal
    NAA .22mag minipistol
    Remington 742 30.06
    Mossberg 500 12 ga.
    Walther P22

Member #
    Liked
    53 times

I still use the old NES system...

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

I've had the 360 since x-mas of 2006 and had to return it 2x because of the red death. This particular x-box i've had for 2+ years
    All your firearms needs. Retail guns at wholesale prices.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=34277.0

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links