Was at the police station yesterday getting a....

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Was at the police station yesterday getting a....

I was at the police station yesterday getting a CWL. This is my first one, so had to do the finger printing and fill out the pages of paper work. I thought I was getting a loan by the amount of paper work I had to fill out! Anyway, I am waiting to get finger printed and into the station comes this old man in a walker. He was very hunched over and you could tell that if he lost the walker he wouldn't be standing long! So, he wheels his walker on up and requests paper work for a CWL! I'm like thinking, "How are they gonna even print this guy he's so old!" Turns out he was 87 years old! Me and the woman who was printing me chuckled at the thought of this fellow rigging up a gun rest on his walker, then she told me the oddest thing I think I have ever heard. She said that just the day before a blind man came into the station requesting a CWL! They refused the guy on the basis that he couldn't see anything at all, but isn't that simply incredible? The guy must be like a "Ninja shooter" who aims by sound and I bet he is probably shooting somewhere, since he wants to pack a concealed weapon. Simply amazing!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Was at the police station yesterday getting a....

Lol, I'ts not just middle aged white america here representing our right to bear.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Each year, in order to qualify for HR-218 interstate carry, us retired cops have to pass an annual qualification course to prove we still know how to shoot. This year we had about 40 retirees from the Portland area show up, including one retired cop with a walker. We sort of had the same reaction as Pierce. He worked his way to the firing line with his walker, and on command pulled out his .357 magnum S&W, and working throught the course, shot a perfect target!

Don't make the mistake of assuming us old timers have forgotten how to shoot. When you think about it, it is precisely the old and infirm who are the most vulnerable and need firearms for self defense.
    Sui Juris
    Member SAF / Life Member NRA
    US Navy Vet. (aviation) '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / HR-218 Certified
    United States Constitution (c) 1791
    All Rights Reserved

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I read about an old woman who was in an electric wheelchair going down the side walk minding her own business when she got robbed. She gained her composure and chased the robber down and then shot him. He was wounded and the cops were able to capture him because he went to the hospital to have the bullet removed. Pretty sure this happened in NY city.

So, yeah, old timers can shoot! I just wonder when their gonna get they're walkers, canes, and wheelchairs moded to they can press a button and the weapons unfold out much like we see in the Transformer cartoons! I tell you what, if I could have something like that I would! :P

Oh, and for the record, I believe these people have every right to bare arms.

Edit: Can't spell... so tried to make a correction or three.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just goes back to the several cases in the past few months of 70+ year old retired marines using their weapons in self defense. I know when I get old, I'll be packing.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My wife is 65 and has Parkinson's, her right hand shakes quite a bit. She likes shooting our S&W 422 a lot. At 15' she can put 10 rds in a 5 inch circle. She gets the rhythm of the shake down and fires away, just weird to watch her shoot. But I sure wouldn't want to stand in front of her gun!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I used to work with a young man that was paralyzed from the chest down due to an injury suffered in a car/train wreck that killed his brother who was driving the car my friend was riding in.
    Being confined to a wheelchair hardly made a dent in his lifestyle! He drove a '68 Buick sed. and not only changed his own oil, but also washed and waxed the whole car, doing the roof by pulling himself up to sit on the top of the door frame! He carried a nickel-plated LW Colt Commander in .45acp under the seat cushion of his chair and was an excellent shot as I can attest since we went to the range together a few times. I found out later one reason he maneuvered so well in his chair....he'd started the local wheelchair basketball league!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links