Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree341Likes

Thread: Bad feeling about Hurricane Maththew

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Question for F K L and the rest of the folks in the Keys. Andrew made an East West swath across MIA...Matthew could do a South to North run at the city. Being that the Keys run off South and East of the tip of the peninsula, what is your exposure in these instances?
    It is a roll of the dice, a slight wobble east or west makes a huge difference. When Andrew pushed across Miami area the Upper Key Largo area got hit pretty hard. The storms that go north to south usually cause flooding damage when they come up the gulf side and minimal flooding when they come up the ocean side. A good example of this is during one storm that came up the gulf side it drained Florida Bay to the point it looked like a giant mud flat. Florida Bay is normally 4-8 feet deep. When that water comes back it comes back fast and will tear up docks and destroy boats. Lower level houses will get flooded and damaged as well.

The big problem with this storm is where do you go? You can get caught up in traffic jams of fleeing people very quickly. Several storms have chased people straight up the state and into Georgia. This particular storm still scares me as the slightest wobble west can be deadly.
    BigSkiff, darbo, rodfair and 2 others like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Oh, the last time I evacuated Port Lavaca, was Ike (hit further up the coast), I took my guns and my important papers....that's it. Of course i had to take the guns, man's got priorities...

So.... an envelope and a 4 ton truck? weren't you afraid your ammo would suffer underwater?
    230JHP likes this.
    I believe in gun control! Starting with a firm 2 handed grip....

Member #
    Liked
    1581 times
    I'm betting that the people in the outer banks of NC are getting prepared for yet another one.
    230JHP likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8551 times
    Latest trajectory is more west. The western edge of the cone of uncertainty is now over the center of Florida.

Member #
    Liked
    1581 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
    Latest trajectory is more west. The western edge of the cone of uncertainty is now over the center of Florida.
    If it does appear that it will threaten FL or GA, you can bet that I-95 northbound will be closed at the FL/GA line. After the Hurricane Floyd evacuation fiasco in 1999, I believe that the evacuation routes out of FL will be on I-75 and I-10.
    230JHP likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    48165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
    Yep and MET, without it's cone, has the hurricane brushing the coast. Very similar models.

I don't have time for this.
    darbo and 230JHP like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    1339 times
    Hey guys... I've been watching this one for a bit. At 5:40pm Eastern \ 2140Z it tracking more west... look like us in S.C. will get winged from this one.. Parts of Florida and N.C. too.
    It's interesting that I took Friday off to do some errands that I needed to get done.. certainly canceling doing any of those!
    Name:  204647W5_NL_sm.gif
Views: 57
Size:  34.3 KB
    darbo and 230JHP like this.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    I'm here in St. Augustine and watching this one closely as well.
    HappyTom, darbo and 230JHP like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1049 times
    Guess I have to prepare for some office closings. Miami first, then Ft. Lauderdale and Delray Beach. Jacksonville, too, before it's over. Still hearing this jog to the west is temporary.

Member #
    Liked
    2929 times
    Looking like 2 big storms fighting over the appalachians. Looks like it might get wet in eastern TN, just hope it gets busted up rather than hanging around flooding everybody out.
    230JHP likes this.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links