• 2 Post By Ralph_Kirk
  • 2 Post By Peacemakr40
  • 1 Post By 91 whiskey

Thread: For the Star Trek fans

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times

For the Star Trek fans

This is an independent fan film that is being funded via crowd sourcing. Paramount and CBS are suing and production is on hold. They see it as competition instead of a fair use type thing. I do hope things get sorted out in a manner that includes this film coming to fruition. It looks awesome. The dude from Battlestar Galactica makes an awesome Klingon.

Member #
    Liked
    17752 times
    Not the first time paramount and cbs tried to shut down a independent fan film of star trek

Guess they dont like someone being able to do it better and cheaper
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Member #
    Liked
    3433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 53rdcard View Post
    Not the first time paramount and cbs tried to shut down a independent fan film of star trek

Guess they dont like someone being able to do it better and cheaper
    Actually, Paramount has been openly willing to treat them with "benign neglect" as long as they stay non-profit.

There are a few very good Trek fanflix on YouTube. I'm impressed by this one production company (six episodes produced), that absolutely nails TOS production values. It's as though after shooting a TOS episode was completed for a day, the understudies shot an episode of their own on the same sets. The stories are totally TOS-style stories right down the line.

The major problem is that the guy playing Kirk has a voice a bit too high pitched, but otherwise he's does Shatner better than Shatner.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues

This one was kinda hokey (tries too hard to be idealistic), but it's got a lot of the old Trek actors involved:

"Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22257 times
    The Axanar one was pretty decent. That one guy from Mythbusters plays Sulu. I've seen several of the fan films/series and they all bring something really promising to the table. Virtually all of them follow Star Trek Canon reliably.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    The Axanar one was pretty decent. That one guy from Mythbusters plays Sulu. I've seen several of the fan films/series and they all bring something really promising to the table. Virtually all of them follow Star Trek Canon reliably.
    You are thinking of star trek renegades. Axenar was haulted in the middle of production due to the lawsuit.

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9058 times
    Thanks for posting! Saw that trailer last year but then it quiet. I remember Capt. Garth from one of the original Star Trek episode where he was confined to a hospital for the criminally insane.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    The "Star Trek Continues" series on YouTube is pretty good. Very authentic to the original series.

Member #
    Liked
    35213 times
    Very cool! I hope they sort out the legal mess, I'd love to see the whole film made!

As a life long Trekkie I thought they kept to canon pretty well!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links