Good Home Defense Weapon? TELEPHONE!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Good Home Defense Weapon? TELEPHONE!!!

I think Flyer is right, but I would also add that although you MAY not do any jail time, you are still susceptible to lawsuits. The Texas law does not proitect you against civil action.

Here is my take on this...

I wake up in the night and I hear an intruder. I wake up the wife and tell her to call 911 and get the kids. Then she is to return to the bedroom and not open the door unless it is me or law enforcement. I am grabbing the gun while this is going on, and heading out to meet the criminal. What will I do then. Well, I'm not sure. I'll either make my presence known with a warning shot, a yell or something, or I'll blow his/her dang head off. But, I feel confident that if I get into that situation, the my trigger finger will be pressed tightly against the trigger of that P90!

Todd

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I agree cell & corded phones handy, can be assets. My 'firepower' is also handy! In Mich. we have the "Castle Doctrine" which allows us to meet force with force - not only in the house, but also in the car, or in ANY mode of transportation of people or goods! That covers a lot!
    I'd like to add that I also keep my car remote on the nightstand - if I suspect an intrusion attempt I hit the horn button on the remote - the horn draws attention, something the BG don't want. My neighbors are aware of this and we look out for each other!
    Chance favors the prepared mind! If you're in a fair fight your tactics suck!
    NRA Lifer - Army Combat Vet. - VFW -
    Small Arms Instructor - Hobby Gunsmith - Patriot

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

That sounds like a GREAT idea. I never would have thought of hitting the panic button on the car remote! The Texas legislature is debating the castle law for Texas. I hope they pass it!

Todd

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

Can someone please elaborate for me what the Castle Doctrine is more specifically?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Many states have a law that if someone breaks into your home you must make an attempt to get out first, avoiding confrontation. Then, if that fails, you can shoot to kill. The castle doctrine basically states that if someone breaks into your house, or car, you can shoot first then ask questions later. No need to make the attempt to escape, since you are defending your "castle." The car is an extension of your home in this instance. I believe in some states, you can also do the same in your yard if threatened.

Todd

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ya, that's pretty much it BoneDigger - now in Mich we are allowed to meet force with force - NO RETREAT!
    Thank you so much. About time we're allowed to fend off (or more) the BG.
    Chance favors the prepared mind! If you're in a fair fight your tactics suck!
    NRA Lifer - Army Combat Vet. - VFW -
    Small Arms Instructor - Hobby Gunsmith - Patriot

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

When I took my CHL course, I believe that's the way it is. After reading through the CHL handbook, I believe that's the way I read it as well.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

My wife just came and asked me what the Castle Law was. They are doing a thing on the news about TX trying to bring it back and it being like the wild wild west once again.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

A DA from Harris county says it's going to let criminals get away with murder by saying, 'I thought he was about to pull a knife on me', while not having the knife to begin with.

LA and AR already have the casle law in affect so they said.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Here in Texas, you are required to ATTEMPT to make an exit. Then you can shoot. Now, that's very rarely an issue, since once a person is in your house only you can make the decision as to what is feasible.

Anybody here watch SouthPark? There was an episode where two hunters were shooting anything that moved. Each time they would yell "It's coming right at us!!!" then shoot it. Pretty funnny!

Todd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links