Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bait and Switch

Member #
    Liked
    3912 times

Bait and Switch

Any florists on this site?

Below is a picture of the flowers that I ordered for my mother's 75th birthday. Below that is a picture of the flowers that she actually received. I did not order the "good" flowers. I didn't order the "best" flowers, either. I ordered the "better" flowers. I understand that florists may have to substitute flowers base upon availability. But the arrangement she actually received does not contain near the number flowers that are advertised in the "good" bouquet. It doesn't contain a single carnation.

This comes on the heels of another experience that we recently had with a florist. My wife's aunt passed away. She lived about 1500 miles away. My mother-in-law ordered flowers for the funeral. She was very close to her sister-in-law, so she ordered a very large spread that had a matching price. At the last minute come on my mother-in-law decided to attend the funeral. When she got there, the florist and send a rinky-dink arrangement. Needless to say, she was hot. The florist claim that it was an accident. But at the time we wondered . . . Did they do this under the belief that they could rip us off because we wouldn't ever see the flowers?

If you order flowers for someone, you might want to see what was actually sent. I will be calling the florist tomorrow. I will also be calling FTD.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    yup, that 1-800 flowers place is a rip off. I would rather call a local shop so I at least can talk to the people delivering the flowers to let them know I'm a great return customer if you do the right thing. Hopefully they were still appreciated.
    gbusmech, aquajim and Falstaff like this.

One shot, one kill.
    Bullets ain't cheap!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21028 times
    You should know better....
    Falstaff likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10371 times
    They ripped you off.
    TexasAviator and Falstaff like this.
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Josh Billings
    One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. Bob Marley
    To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens. Adolf Hitler
    I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

Member #
    Liked
    17679 times
    It is amazing what the marketing photographers can pull off isnt it.
    When they take a picture of a burger for a burger joint they put pieces of cardboard between the toppings to make it apear thicker, they also spray all of the parts with laquer to give it that fresh off the grill, or fresh cut look.
    flowers and edible arrangments i imagine get similar treatment.

Would that we lived in a world where what you see is what you get, but sadly we dont.

aquajim, Falstaff and kschilk like this.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27319 times
    The honest businesses seem to be disappearing more every year, so when you are able to find one stick to it. Sorry to hear your having these problems.
    Falstaff likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    I've always had luck with 1-800-FLOWERS. I stay away from Pro Flowers. If you got them from 800 Flowers, call them and send them the pic,. they'll make it right.
    I'm know, they want to know what their network of florist's are doing.
    kschilk, Falstaff and btleslie like this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    19721 times
    The flowers she got are not bad but they are only about half of what the ad photo shows. You definitely got ripped off.
    Falstaff and TexasAviator like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14974 times
    Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Falstaff, TexasAviator and CWB like this.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    34156 times
    Sorry to hear they screwed it up. I used 1-800 flowers about 16 years ago, to send flowers to my wife (before we were married) in St. Petersburg. Being an international transaction, I hoped for the best but expected the worst. The arrangement sent from the Russian florist was far and away much, much more grand than the one pictured on their site. It was basically the same, just with more and bigger flowers and incidentals in the arrangement, plus the vase was much larger and more ornate. They truly knocked that one out of the park, kinda' made me feel like I'd ripped 'em off. I'm guessing maybe the currency exchange rate played in my favor. I buy a lot of flowers so I stay fairly current on the prices. To get that exact arrangement from a florist here, would've easily cost 3 times more. About 5 years later, I used them again to send flowers to my daughter in VA. I can't complain, what they sent was exactly what was displayed on the website.
    Falstaff likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links