Wet Shaving? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Wet Shaving?

Member #
    Liked
    21587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    All my life. My father was not present at the proper time, so my Grandfather taught me about shaving. He was old school. He used the oddest razor. It sort of looked and folded like a straight razor, but used very odd non-standard razor blades. It's the only razor of that type I have ever seen.

Good quality brushes last forever if cared for properly. It's harder and harder to find stuff. Caswell-Massey is a good source. If you travel you might like...

Deprecated Browser Error
    Check Beauty salons for a "Hair Shaper". About the same size as a straight razor but has interchangeable blades.
    Diamond Edge Hair Shaper w/ blades
    glenwolde likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    31150 times
    I toyed with wet shaving for a while, but essentially shaving is a chore. I want chores like that over with as quickly as possible. Of course, now I know that there's a way to save even more time...
    NativeTexan likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2167 times
    OK, I'm an old dude and I grew up wet shaving ... until I discovered the BEARD!!! I've had chin fungus for 35-years. I still trim it up around the edges with a safety razor, either wet or dry but that beard is not going anywhere. Besides my wife of 35-years likes it and I'm only too happy to accommodate her.

Electric razors are for posers. Real men slice and dice with a blade!!!
    gasbag, Drewski and TexasJohnBoy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasJohnBoy View Post
    haha, I surmised that!
    Just because he has a full beard does not mean he does not shave, it only means if he does I would rather not know about it.
    Drewski likes this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    The last time I used anything like that, my face looked like it had been in a knife fight. It's a very nice gift and your wife was being thoughtful...
    Drewski likes this.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

McE
    Member #
    Liked
    4738 times
    Hope your bathroom has his and hers sinks.

I did the single blade safety razor (same merkur stuff) for awhile, but I tend to only shave before some semi special occasion, and when that happens, I usually don't have time to do the whole routine. I am happy with my Mach 3's and plain ol' barbasol, I spend my money elsewhere when it comes to skin care.

Member #
    Liked
    13428 times
    Shaving is for men that can`t grow a beard...
    stupimlico and Czombie like this.
    Future WVU Medical School Alumni..Later then sooner, I hope, Date unknown...
    Trump Wins Big.... MR. Trump is now the President of the United States Of America.
    Due to the shortage of Ammo, I will no longer fire warning shots!
    Proud member of the NRA
    I will not comply to government scams.

Member #
    Liked
    1095 times
    I shaved with a Norelco triple "lift and cut" for more than 30 years. In the last year, I switched to the "old school" style and never looked back. It took a while to get the hang of the double edge blade, but honestly, all my problems with ingrown hairs disappeared as my skill improved. I have a decent, heavy razor and good blades, but to be perfectly honest the BIC, single edge "sensitive" razors at WalMart or nearly any drug store are the absolute best shave I have gotten. The secret is in thoroughly washing your face first. Get a good lather by your favorite method, and shave WITH the grain of your beard. Rinse with a cold wash cloth and avoid alcohol base after shaves.

One last thing. The razor blade companies think you need blades that have anywhere from 3 to 6 blades for the best shave, AND they want to charge an arm and leg for them. It's BS. Single edge is more efficient. YMMV.
    Drewski likes this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    22049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Check Beauty salons for a "Hair Shaper". About the same size as a straight razor but has interchangeable blades.
    Diamond Edge Hair Shaper w/ blades
    Not quite, but pretty close. The blades where double-edged though. These look single. That's what killed it, he couldn't get blades anymore sometime in the 80's.
    Last edited by glenwolde; 08-06-2015 at 05:38 AM.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30866 times
    I never wore a beard, couldn't. So, now that I can, I'd just prefer not to. When I had lots of hair, I wore it long. Now, I cut it normal short, lot cooler in 101 degree heat that way. Beards sound hot and itchy. I might grow one if I didn't work in a chemical plant and lived in Alaska...northern Alaska...like Deadhorse or something.

Reason I couldn't grow a beard is that it interferes with a full face mask when sampling or emergency SCBA when working in a gas release or something. It's the reason Hitler had such a weird mustache, had to in WW1 because of gas attacks.

Only people with office jobs wear beards. I've never had an office job, always had a technical job in a chemical plant.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links