Loose Change does add up little by little.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Loose Change does add up little by little.

Member #
    Liked
    19431 times

Loose Change does add up little by little.

We knew we had excess loose change around the house. Not what gets lost in the seat cushions of the couch or recliner, but that which ends up in jars, drawers, in a tool box or such. We started to start collecting it in a few pickle jars after going through it to make sure we didn't have an coins of value or silver content. Best we could come up with was pennies full of copper content.
    So I called our bank to ask if they had a change counter and was told no. They would give us paper coin rolls and we could roll it up to deposit it. Or we could box it up, bring it to the bank and they would send it to the main bank vault where it could be counted and the amount then deposited in to our account.
    I called a local branch of Citizens National Bank of Texas and found out that they do indeed have a change counter in the lobby. We went up yesterday and opened a checking account with $200 so that there were no fees involved. Today we took 6 pickle jars of loose change up and deposited a total of $480 in loose change.

We currently have another 3 jars ready to go. Next week could be an interesting week as we keep digging deeper into cubby holes looking for loose change.

As for Citizens National Bank of Texas, I can't recall having such a friendly personal touch of service from a bank since 20 some years ago when I wanted to borrow the money to purchase a diesel pusher motorhome. Not only did that bank excel at service and provide the loan, it was also the only Citizens National Bank in Texas. It's nice to see a bank that has grown, but not forgotten to place their customer as being first.

Member #
    Liked
    35211 times
    That change is enough for a new firearm purchase.... just saying...
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    35211 times
    I dont know about Citizens, but I had a similar experience with Legacy Texas Bank. We changed to them a few years ago and the service has been outstanding!
    jonrjen likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11411 times
    I have less patience. I use a quart baggie - when its full-off to the coinstar machine. Usually end up with 40-60 dollars. Stash it for my next range visits.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    19431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    That change is enough for a new firearm purchase.... just saying...
    That it is, but I think the plan is to put it in the bank add to it when a change far fills and more or less forget about it until a special time rolls around that we enjoy together.

I do see at some point making CNB our #1 use bank. They make you feel welcome, where at our current bank they ask for ID to deposit cash into my own account. As if I am going to go deposit cash into a strangers account..........that ain't going to happen.

Member #
    Liked
    35211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    That it is, but I think the plan is to put it in the bank add to it when a change far fills and more or less forget about it until a special time rolls around that we enjoy together.

I do see at some point making CNB our #1 use bank. They make you feel welcome, where at our current bank they ask for ID to deposit cash into my own account. As if I am going to go deposit cash into a strangers account..........that ain't going to happen.
    Yeah, if someone wants to deposit money let them, if they want to withdraw it stop them!

Member #
    Liked
    1561 times

That sounds like Bank Of America
    A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving — which is a privilege, not a right — then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.
    President Donald J. Trump

Member #
    Liked
    19431 times
    Nope not BOA. We started with a small private bank in town that got bought out by a Bank One. Which has now become JP Morgan Chase.

It is amazing, the larger a bank becomes the less value they are to their everyday bread and butter customer.

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    Of course. Take her to the LGS with you, share the moment of you being overjoyed with the new purchase, express you love, stop at Wendy's for a romantic bite to eat, on to the range! Believe me, it'll work; just try it. If it doesn't, it didn't.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    I'm from the government. I'm here to help.
    Ditch the Rail.

Member #
    Liked
    35211 times
    Nope not BOA. We started with a small private bank in town that got bought out by a Bank One. Which has now become JP Morgan Chase.

It is amazing, the larger a bank becomes the less value they are to their everyday bread and butter customer.
    I became a chase customer the same way... (different starter bank though) and Chase is what made me an Legacy customer!
    jonrjen likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links