New FedEx Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New FedEx Update

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times

New FedEx Update

I bring up customer service and there are 2 U.S. numbers, 1 for mobile and 1 for hardline.
    I call each number 3 times and get "this call cannot be completed as dialed".
    I begin to google FedEx cutomer service this call ........ It auto fills that for me.
    One of the first hits is FedEx customer service phone numbers and support
    Desperate, I'll try anything. Totally different number. Answered by a rep on second ring. Very, very nice lady.

The following comms are paraphrased in places.

Me: Can you provide me with a current shipping status if I provide you with the tracking number?

CS: Yes

CS: It's scheduled for delivery Saturday, March 14, 2015.

Me: That's today, look at its current location.

CS: Nashville

Me: I don't believe it'll make it. Now look at the insane routing it has taken since it was shipped on 5 March.

CS: It went smartpost. We only have 26 smartpost facilities.

Me: That's fine. It finally made it to Madison Alabama at 4:28 am on the 12th. It departed 8 minutes later for destination unknown. 32 hours later it leaves Madison "again" in route to my little local post office. Returns to Madison at 8:30 pm the same date. One hour later it departs Madison. 4:30 am this morning (Saturday) it arrives in Nashville.

CS: Oh my gosh, I see that now. I am so sorry.

Me: That's ok, I know it's not you. Can you contact one of them and get my little pkg for me?

CS: That's smartpost and they're closed on Saturday. I am so very sorry this has happened. You will need to call back and speak with them on Monday.

Me: Call this same number?

CS: Yes.

Me: So I will call this same number and be transferred to another office or number?

CS: No, they are in this same office.

Me; Ok, thank you, I'll do it.

UNRELATED, However

Got a pistol from GunBroker Tuesday night. Contacted seller (pawn shop) in Venice Florida Wed morning. Another super nice person (male).

Give him my c/c # and ask him to charge it now instead of waiting for it to shop. Be glad to. Told me he would notify me via email when he ships it. I send him my neighbor's ffl that evening via email. I wait til late Friday and call him. Tells me he shipped it Thursday and forgot to send me the usps tracking number. He gives it to me. I read it back to him. He reads it back to me. We thank each other and hang up. I enter tracking number to usps 4 times and get the following each time. " NOT FOUND - The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later. I called the pawn shop back and verified the tracking number once more. Same number, same result.

I have used usps only 3 times in the past, all in 2013. Got that same response each time. I know my local postmaster and she told me she has rarely seen it work. Oh yeah, back to FedEx. My little post office closes at noon. The pkg departed Madison 30 minutes in route here after my PO had closed. No wonder it went back. The PO has closed at noon since January 2014. The Madison FedEx is 70+ miles from my PO. I'm PO'd.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 03-14-2015 at 09:51 PM.
    I'm from the government. I'm here to help.
    Ditch the Rail.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8331 times
    And Madison is such a high-tech town. I mean really high-tech. Sorry they can't get it right for you.

Member #
    Liked
    4762 times
    We have the same problem here. Another little issue that adds to our problems, FedEx won't ship to a P.O. BOX but since USPS started making cut backs we no longer have mail delivery so we have to use box number. When FEDEX delivers a package without the p.o. box the post office refuses it, sending it back to FedEx hub. Now this lady refusing this package is the same lady that puts mail in my box but won't take my package.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CB236 View Post
    And Madison is such a high-tech town. I mean really high-tech. Sorry they can't get it right for you.
    Oh yeah, Madison is very high tech, educated, lots of money all the good stuff. Too bad they harbor such fools. I'm thinking FedEx is a lost language for Auburn.
    Ditch the Rail.

Member #
    Liked
    7298 times
    Sounds like it will go back to Madison again, and again.

I am having the same problem with a USPS tracking number.
    I can smell a commie a mile away; they didn't fool me then and they damn sure don't fool me now!ooooLeejack

Member #
    Liked
    2170 times
    I ordered a video surveillance system the first part of January 2015.
    Decided to run the tracking number, it said package delivered sometime in 2013.
    When I finally received the package their tracking was corrected.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    We have the same problem here. Another little issue that adds to our problems, FedEx won't ship to a P.O. BOX but since USPS started making cut backs we no longer have mail delivery so we have to use box number. When FEDEX delivers a package without the p.o. box the post office refuses it, sending it back to FedEx hub. Now this lady refusing this package is the same lady that puts mail in my box but won't take my package.
    Post office seems to be doing that a lot in Florida. One work around I found for this is to list both addresses with the PO Box on the bottom.

Mr. Fishinkeylargo
    123 Main St.
    PO Box 345
    Key Largo, FL 33037

Post office will read from the bottom up and will pick up PO Box first. Physical address on the first line will satisfy FedEx.
    shiftace likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    Call fedex cs this morning. Barely understand broken english.

me: I need to speak with a smartpost rep as instructed to do so this past Saturday.

cs: I can help you.

me: I explain it all again.

cs: I need your address and phone number.

me: I provide it again.

cs: A smartpost rep will call you.

me: Can you not just hand this to smartpost and let me speak with them?

cs: No.

me: I need to speak with a supervisor please.

cs: We have no supervisor.

me: cuss, cuss, cuss.

me: What time will sp person call me?

cs: Maybe today, tomorrow, maybe several days.

me: cuss and hang up.

So I have regularly been checking the tracking. It arrived back up to Nashville this past Saturday around 4:30AM and has stayed there. They changed the delivery date from 14 March to N/A.

I call Springfield CS. They switch me to Claims. Long story but bottom line. if I don't have it in my hot little, very pissed - off hands in 2 days, they will ship another, via Fedex, to my house. No involvement with the smartpost side of fedex.

PS: I asked the Springfield lady If I need to call back after 2 days if I haven't received item. She said "Oh no, I have flagged this and I am personally going to watch it. If by 5pm Wednesday I don't see a confirmation of delivery. I will have shipping send you another at our expense. It will be shipped regular FedEx."

FYI: The smartpost shipping was 10.00. Normal fedex would have been 15.00. More officer sized magazines arrived today. My latest pistol should arrive today. Should have been here Saturday. Mid 70s, sunny, visibility to infinity. Tomorrow I mow.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 03-16-2015 at 02:44 PM.
    Ditch the Rail.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46469 times
    Computers, making life easier for all??? Just sucks, once a package has an exception in their system it is almost like it is treated like the red headed step child. They will get around to it when they can.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    As of approximately 4:30 pm eastern?, it now rests comfortably in Ellenwood Georgia, 10-15-20? miles southeast of Atlanta. Perhaps enroute to Disney World or the Iran nuclear negotiations. Got my pistol while ago. It actually came Saturday but my ffl guy wasn't home.
    Ditch the Rail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links