The car chat thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The car chat thread

I didn't want to continue to take a thread in the 1911 forum off-topic, so I figured this was warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by jurismydiction
    haha that's how i felt int he mazdaspeed protege. it was the slowest of all the 4cyl turbo's but was also ranked in a tie for 1st place for the best handling front wheel drive cars every built. people would hate on it and then i'd take them on a curvy road and by the time they got out of the car they had that "MUST GET TO MAZDA DEALER" look on their faces!

then i modded the snot out of it and went 13.99 @ 103 (trap is IIRC) which was an incredible feat for that car on a stock block (which could handle NO MORE than 10 to 10.5 PSI without cracking blocks or annihilating rods)
    13.99 really isn't bad. I've seen quite a few Mustang GTs and LS1 F-bodies whose owners couldn't break into the 13's (or into the 8's in the 1/8th).

How much boost were you running through it? I was running 17psi on my MR2, and I imagine it was somewhere in the high 13's, but I never had a chance to track it to find out. Could never keep it running well long enough for a trip to the track.

Mazda makes some cool cars. I've always wanted a Mazdaspeed Miata, but I just can't fit into them comfortably. I'm too tall and too wide. Makes me feel like I'm crammed inside a sausage casing. That actually led me to test drive the Pontiac Solstice GXP; I was extremely impressed. Very comfortable, good torque, handled well... If it weren't for the fact that I wasn't looking to drop $32k on a car, I would have picked one up in a heartbeat.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Re: The car chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate
    I didn't want to continue to take a thread in the 1911 forum off-topic, so I figured this was warranted.

13.99 really isn't bad.  I've seen quite a few Mustang GTs and LS1 F-bodies whose owners couldn't break into the 13's (or into the 8's in the 1/8th).

How much boost were you running through it?  I was running 17psi on my MR2, and I imagine it was somewhere in the high 13's, but I never had a chance to track it to find out.  Could never keep it running well long enough for a trip to the track.

Mazda makes some cool cars.  I've always wanted a Mazdaspeed Miata, but I just can't fit into them comfortably.  I'm too tall and too wide.  Makes me feel like I'm crammed inside a sausage casing.  That actually led me to test drive the Pontiac Solstice GXP; I was extremely impressed.  Very comfortable, good torque, handled well...  If it weren't for the fact that I wasn't looking to drop $32k on a car, I would have picked one up in a heartbeat.
    haha 13.99 and it should have had a sticker that said "powered by ebay" fully custom (and really crappy) front mount intercooler piping. bought a kit on ebay and the core off ebay too. i screwed with that car so much that i bought it new in 03 for 16,500 and sold it in 05 for 4,000!!!

for daily driving i was on 8 psi but at the track i had a switch that would go to 12-12.5 and spike like 15. on 110oct and an AFC of course.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

shit look what i found. the pic was before i ripped the wing off and installed the FMIC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

haha 13.99 and it should have had a sticker that said "powered by ebay" fully custom (and really crappy) front mount intercooler piping. bought a kit on ebay and the core off ebay too. i screwed with that car so much that i bought it new in 03 for 16,500 and sold it in 05 for 4,000!!!

for daily driving i was on 8 psi but at the track i had a switch that would go to 12-12.5 and spike like 15. on 110oct and an AFC of course.
    Don't knock the eBay stuff too much. I had an eBay stainless tubular turbo manifold and downpipe on the MR2; they worked VERY well, and for $250 for the pair. When I start building the turbo m50 for the BMW wagon, you'd better believe I'll be running an eBay air-to-water intercooler, piping and silicone joints.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Not a bad looking car at all. It almost reminds me of a Subi with its stance and those huge foglights.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate
    Don't knock the eBay stuff too much. I had an eBay stainless tubular turbo manifold and downpipe on the MR2; they worked VERY well, and for $250 for the pair. When I start building the turbo m50 for the BMW wagon, you'd better believe I'll be running an eBay air-to-water intercooler, piping and silicone joints.
    airtoh20 is NICE if you don't mind keep me posted on the build!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

airtoh20 is NICE if you don't mind keep me posted on the build!
    I'm sure I'll start a build thread. I'm still collecting parts to tear the m50 and slushbox out to replace it with an s50 from an M3 and a 5-speed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Glad to see turbo guys here.
    My hobby is building turbocharged ford pintos...

Jim
    www.turbopinto.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

haha vrooom vrooomm BOOOM!

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Kerbeck Corvette in Alantic City has a used (453 miles) ZR1 for only $144,900. I think my ZO6 is fast! It would be nice to be wealthy! Oh well, may be the next time around.

US Army Vet 1965-1971

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links