A positive, non gun, CS experience.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By leftcoastrebel
  • 1 Post By leftcoastrebel

Thread: A positive, non gun, CS experience.

Member #
    Liked
    13076 times

A positive, non gun, CS experience.

I have decided to make a mission out of giving positive reports on customer service, realizing that there are many who chomp at the bit to do the opposite. I will of course relate bad ones that are gun related but will brag about all good ones. This is the first of the good ones.

My wife decided we needed a new portable radio scanner because of the way we depend on them around here as the "coconut telegraph". For Christmas she bought us a new Uniden portable and a base unit, from Radio Shack in the nearest town with a RS.

About the time I started having the gun problems I have posted about the portable went TU. It would not turn on even though the "charging" statement showed on the display. I tried new standard batteries etc. no go. I e-mailed Uniden CS and that was a complete joke, worthy of a "bad" thread.

the wife had to go to the other town for an estimate on some car work. She stopped by Radio Shack to ask if they had any ideas. The guy remembered her from her Xmas shopping and told her to bring it down and he would check it out. She took the car down today and he looked at the scanner, "yup, he's right. It doesn't work. Hold on" he went and got a new one out of stock and exchanged it on the spot. He said he'd deal with Uniden.

Not a suprefantsticstoptheworld thing I suppose but it was good customer service from a local Radio Shack and I thought it deserved a mention.
    I am beginning to think the "Miss Universe Pagent" is rigged. Have you noticed that all of the winners are from Earth ?

"Oh Bother", said Pooh, as he punched the magazine release.

Member #
    Liked
    5162 times
    That's simply remarkable for RS. Good report. Are your locals digital, analog, or both?
    I'm from the government. I'm here to help.
    Ditch the Rail.

Member #
    Liked
    13076 times
    Still analog with absolutely no plans for change since the fire Departments are volunteer and the rural folks can be warned of forest fires, tsunami and weather alerts and bad things on the old system there is no real benefit to change and forcing "the people" to re gear.

A good example was a couple of years ago a huge storm hit and hot power lines were down on our road, as well as the trees and poles in the narrow canyon forcing Deputies to be at each end of the canyon to turn folks away until the power company got to our particular problem. Some of us with scanners heard it and went and relieved the Deputies so they could handle other things.

There is a strong reason to leave a system like that just the way it is.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    I am beginning to think the "Miss Universe Pagent" is rigged. Have you noticed that all of the winners are from Earth ?

"Oh Bother", said Pooh, as he punched the magazine release.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links