My Walmart Rant - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: My Walmart Rant

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11120 times
    I almost never go to a walmart and think about buying anything that will require interaction with the Wmart staff. Because I have learned the hard way that customer service is not their job , store service is. Typically when I go to look for ammo , will keep drifting around the store waiting for the right moment to ask the clerk to unlock the ammo/gun supplies/airsoft/bb cabinets - yep its all locked up. Never order something online to be picked up in the store unless you like bruises from hitting your head on all the brick walls in place to keep you from picking up your order. Never ask anything from the clerk working in a department about the things in their dept. Just basically talk to yourself is more fruitful. But the low prices and convenience are hard to beat. Just don;t go in expecting any kind of customer service.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9455 times
    Unfortunately, I have to take a lot of prescriptions also. But, no mater what the savings would be (and, we are not wealthy) I refuse to use the WalMart pharmacy. We used to use the Target pharmacy for years, but, after a rash of problems, we switched two years ago to Harris Teeter, which is a grocery store in our area (now owned by Kroger). Excellent service, on time, and, always in stock. And, the employees act as if they care about their customers. It makes a big difference.

Sorry that you and your son had to go through all of that.
    I strongly support gun control, how else are you going to hit anything?

USMC Military Police SRT 1976-1982
    LEO (Retired) 1982-2010
    NRA Life Member

In memory of Carlos "Whitefeather" Hathcock, miss you my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    8933 times
    Walmart, regardless of the lower prices, is the prototype for mediocrity
    rollin thunder likes this.

Taurus PT1911 SS .45 Beretta 92 FS type M9A1
    Taurus 66 SS 4" .357 Smith and Wesson M&P 9c
    Taurus Tracker 990 SS 6" .22 Mossberg 500 12 gauge
    The government can't make poor people richer, but it can make rich people poorer

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9394 times
    My wallet loves mediocrity prices.
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    1223 times
    I'm glad I don't use them for rx...
    Some people are more trouble than they are worth,I'm glad your worth something....Mrs. T.G....

"Cognito, ergo armitium sum"....(I think therefore I am armed).

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Just remember that the the workers at walmart (while incompetent) are cheaper and nicer and more competent than the highly paid surly workers at the DMV.
    I believe in gun control! Starting with a firm 2 handed grip....

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    And people are always asking me why I go to walmart all the time but never buy any thing

Jho

I just smile and tell them its better than any thing on tv

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Member #
    Liked
    21238 times
    I hate Safeway.
    Anyone else hate Safeway?
    Their cashiers are ugly.
    I once saw a Safeway employee who didn't comb their hair.
    Safeway color schemes are awful. They clash with my wardrobe.
    I hate those automatic vegetable sprayers, they scare me.
    Come to think of it, Albertsons isn't much fun either.
    Wino and Wolf1477 like this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8331 times
    I go to Wally for the pricing, not for the intellectuals. That being said, the smartest folks at Wally better be in the pharmacy.
    Wino likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10227 times
    Well, my local Wal-Mart is staffed by at least 50% completely competent and knowledgeable people who can answer questions, or will actually lead you to the product you are looking for.

We bought a bike for my son there to replace on that got stolen 2 years ago . Bought a copper colored beach cruiser with white wall tires.

Son rode ity for about a week and complained about a pedal not being right.

Turns out the bolt/ stem. threaded rod or whatever you want to call it was stripped out.

WE carried the bike bak to get another one and the guy from the assembly dept says he has to check it first.

I was thinking : "Great, some dumbass is gonna look at it and give me some sort of run around."

The guy takes the bike to the back, come back out 15 minutes later with the bike which now has two new pedals, a new set of hand grips that match the pedal colors and looks better than the original grips, and has a brand new water bottle and bottle mount that he gives my son for his trouble.

The guy says that the pedal was striped out, but the part it goes into wasn't. Even took a tap set and ran it through just to make sure the threads were clean of shavings from the pedal.

I could tell you about 5 more stories of equal impressitivity ( G.W. Bush made that word up ) but you get the gist of it.

So, 50 percent competent and knowledgeable staff who are also courteous. I am pretty sure it is only a mater of time before corporate finds out this store is 45% over competence capacity.
    Wino, Wolf1477 and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    "A constitution defines and limits the powers of the government it creates. It therefore follows, as a natural and also a logical result, that the governmental exercise of any power not authorized by the constitution is an assumed power, and therefore illegal."
    --Thomas Paine, Constitutions, Governments, and Charters, 1805

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links