My Walmart Rant - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: My Walmart Rant

Member #
    Liked
    9394 times
    Sorry to hear about your Wally experience. While mine has not been exactly stellar, it has been outstanding and they bend over backwards to please. My irritation, disgust and shouting matches have been few and always resolved in my favor - even when I was the one in the wrong.

I've got to give Walmart props for starting the cheap generic drug program which in turn forced all the other med price gougers in the area to do the same (Walgreens, CVS, etc.) Not to mention the ability to refill when travelling anywhere there is a Walmart at a reasonable price vs. say Walgreens. Wally has saved me tons of money on prescription drugs which they get back in ammo purchases 10 fold.
    Marinevietvet likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18068 times
    I will not take up for that Wal*Mart, but I do understand the frustrations on both sides of that coin. I also get my scripts done at one of our Wal*Marts and have been doing so for almost 10 years. I have not encountered the situation you have at all; everyone is polite and very competent. What makes the difference is, this Wal*Mart is located in an area of the upper middle class citizens, although their workforce does not come directly from this population, they do get some of them who are in this class, but mostly from the low to middle class individuals. Of course, they do get some real duds from time to time, but those are filtered out as quick as possible.

So, the point here is, not all Wal*Marts are the same. Their performance is based on the workforce that is available to them as employees. In this area I live in, I can show you some topnotch Wal*Mart Stores and I can show you several that are like the one in this thread. .....It is just like a Realtor will tell you: Location, location, location is everything when it comes to value.
    Sekol and atcroft like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46469 times
    I would never consider using the pharmacy at the nearest Walmart. Everytime I walk past it it is a zoo. BlueCross has a prescription price finder program that I can use when I log into my account. I will just go where it is cheapest. Walmart does not come up on the list as it is more then 25 miles.
    Sekol likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
    I like WalMart.
    The prices are good and there is always free entertainment.
    I shop there just about every day.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Member #
    Liked
    7612 times
    Why would anyone buy chicken salad from a gas station?
    Living dangerously...

Member #
    Liked
    48154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagotrauma View Post
    Why would anyone buy chicken salad from a gas station?
    Living dangerously...
    That's what I said
    We the People...

Member #
    15 miles south of Hattiesburg in Dixie Ms.
    Liked
    7281 times
    I don't work for Walmart but do work as a security guard at a ghetto Walmart. I'm very sorry for your son's troubles and wish him well. Here in Hattiesburg few people speak anything but English and this is giving the illegal aliens that are showing up in droves here a hard time. I always get a good laugh when someone comes on the company radio asking if anybody speaks Spanish, the answer is always no. Having grown up and living most of my life in S.E. Texas it is refreshing to not hear Spanish all the time. A single language is one of the things that has made America great and it needs to stay that way. I agree that Walmart sucks.

Member #
    Liked
    22777 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    Wow! In their defense as long as Walmart is hiring those idiots at least the taxpayers are not responsible for their support entirely. I would be finding another pharmacy.
    Amen! In our area, I'm not sure which is worse - Walmart or the Post Office! I actually found a small grocery store that has a pharmacy that will meet Walmart prices! so you can imagine where I have been going for the last few years!

I really enjoyed reading the post because we have all had similar situations at Walmart and can fully appreciate the frustration as well as the comic aspect of the whole thing!! Sue do hope you find a nice quiet pharmacy with friendly, competent workers like I have. Now my problem is that my doctor just retired a few weeks ago and I have to find a new one that I like...que music for .Mission:Impossible!
    NanaWolfe and AOCM.RET like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    10715 times
    I do feel for a lot of the Walmart Employees, several who have always been accommodating to me over the years, long term employees are themselves very disgruntled these days, as company policies and budget cuts have essentially made hiring good people very difficult, and the long term employees are being worked to death. Lubbock has a very low unemployment rate, something like 3.5%, so the amount the manager is allowed to pay gets the bottom of the barrel if that.

My main point, is file the complaints to the home office.

The maddest I ever got in a Walmart was in Corpus Christi. I had a finishing up of a restaurant remodel and we were hanging plants and art work and around midnight with a crew from Ft. Worth, We needed some hemp rope to hang these big baskets of silk plants from a 20' ceiling, and none had been shipped with the plants, $400 an hour worth of labor with their thumbs up their butts until I could get rope. I go into the Walmart to the area I thought rope might be, can find none, finally spot a clerk with a blue Walmart Smock on and walk up and am about to ask when she cuts me off before I start and says "I'm on break, I'm not talking to you!" It made me want to punch her.

As I say, I know a lot of long time Walmart employees who have always been courteous and a great help to me and still try to be.

I've watch new management people at the corporate world, usually CEO's, put companies into a death spiral cutting labor hours and hiring wages. Sales drop, they get a new CEO to turn things around and improve the bottom line. First thing he does is cut labor hours and hiring wages, then the service drops another notch and more customers quit darkening the door of the establishment.

CEO's seem to all get educated only on one thing, and none of it is common sense.

Walmart will eventually go the way of K-mart.
    Sekol likes this.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    And this is why Taz has me pick up our perscriptions.
    Sekol likes this.
    Lovin Life in West by God Virginia!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links