Need to Rant a Second
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Need to Rant a Second

Member #
    Liked
    41673 times

Need to Rant a Second

PH bought a sticker from a gun club down in Austin, 100 miles from us. It showed up today in a envelope with a 49 cent stamp on it. Hmmm, I remember them charging something like $2 for shipping. I look it up and yes, shipping and handling $1.95! Sent them a not very nice FB message.

Did I over react?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18068 times
    Yes and NO. You forgot that they have to pay a person to put the item in the envelop and put that stamp on there and to put it in the mail. They have the right to recoup that expense. I think it is excessive at time too and I feel your pain.
    Sekol and Blackcatbones like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32605 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    PH bought a sticker from a gun club down in Austin, 100 miles from us. It showed up today in a envelope with a 49 cent stamp on it. Hmmm, I remember them charging something like $2 for shipping. I look it up and yes, shipping and handling $1.95! Sent them a not very nice FB message.

Did I over react?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk
    Well...yeah. You need to mind your own business, not PH's!
    Texheim, darbo, ISSMER and 9 others like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCM.RET View Post
    Yes and NO. You forgot that they have to pay a person to put the item in the envelop and put that stamp on there and to put it in the mail. They have the right to recoup that expense. I think it is excessive at time too and I feel your pain.
    I understand the economics of the situation

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    15 miles south of Hattiesburg in Dixie Ms.
    Liked
    7278 times
    You should send them a bill for the time it took to do the message plus postage and handling.
    Texheim, Lance0812 and rhuber like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    Yes. No. Maybe.

49 cents for postage. Cost of envelope. Pay someone to affix stamp, address etc.
    rhuber likes this.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    19071 times
    Yep, gotta pay for the envelope and the employee who puts the sticker inside, seals, addresses and stamps it.

Don't worry about overreacting too much though, my wife says I'm way too quick on the horn when the person ahead of me doesn't react to the green light within 20 seconds (at least it seems like 20 seconds).
    Texheim, AOCM.RET, Sekol and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    41673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftace View Post
    Yes. No. Maybe.

49 cents for postage. Cost of envelope. Pay someone to affix stamp, address etc.
    9 cents for the envelope. It's the principal. If they had upped the price of the stamp $1.50 and charged for the postage normally that would have been more honest IMHO and the sticker still would have been purchased.

Molon Labe

Member #
    Liked
    41673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Yep, gotta pay for the envelope and the employee who puts the sticker inside, seals, addresses and stamps it.

Don't worry about overreacting too much though, my wife says I'm way too quick on the horn when the person ahead of me doesn't react to the green light within 20 seconds (at least it seems like 20 seconds).
    Pay attention to the light! I don't honk I just yell at the other drivers

Molon Labe

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    I think it cost me that to send like 50 stickers once!
    Texheim and PurpleHouse like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links