The Wolf who had sheep (and goats, pigs, dogs, chickens, cats, etc.) - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: The Wolf who had sheep (and goats, pigs, dogs, chickens, cats, etc.)

Member #
    Liked
    17644 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood717 View Post
    What a nice guy.
    LoL I'm just a peach ain't I?

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    I love hearing about your animals and their antics. And the pic of the baby lamb is sooooo cute.
    Wolf1477 and PurpleHouse like this.
    Lovin Life in West by God Virginia!

Member #
    Liked
    9194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    LoL yeah, 60. I'd originally ordered 40 Black Langshans, but I missed the hatching season for 'em so I settled on the Buffs...which were quite a bit less expensive so I ended up with 20 extra birds and a $30 refund...I call that a win-win. They're another good dual purpose heritage breed bird, large eggs and the roosters will get to around 12lbs each. I also figured that since I bought a straight run I'll have a better chance of having enough hens and we'll eat the extra roosters this fall.

I could probably bring you a few birds...and a kitten! How 'bout a kitten or three? That little cat I rescued a couple weeks ago had a litter, cute little chits...but I don't need 4 more barn cats. By the time the Johnson Creek shootout hits they should be old enough to ship
    I like Buff because they tend to be friendly and trainable. We have a friend who has one that comes when called and jumps into his arms. It's a good snake hunter, too.

Nope. No more cats for me. My dad just found a kitten in his yard, so we are already saying no to that one. It's so cute.

Wolf1477 and john_bud like this.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    ~George Washington

Taurus M85 .38 Special
    Taurus PT-22PLY
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Bersa Thunder Combat .380

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9194 times

The Wolf who had sheep (and goats, pigs, dogs, chickens, cats, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood717 View Post
    What a nice guy.
    I bet you'd look cute carrying a baby kitten around in your bib pocket on your overalls.

Last edited by PurpleHouse; 06-18-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: misspelling

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    ~George Washington

Taurus M85 .38 Special
    Taurus PT-22PLY
    Taurus 738 TCP

Member #
    Liked
    17644 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHouse View Post
    I like Buff because they tend to be friendly and trainable. We have a friend who has one that comes when called and jumps into his arms. It's a good snake hunter, too.

Nope. No more cats for me. My dad just found a kitten in his yard, so we are already saying no to that one. It's so cute.

ROFL, it's funny you should post that picture...he looks almost exactly like the kittens from the stray. I'll see if I can get any of 'em to be photogenic when I get home tonight. (And no bringing that one up either...I've already counted the kittens...I will notice if there's an extra one in the box!)
    PurpleHouse and john_bud like this.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

Member #
    Liked
    17644 times
    I bet you'd look cute carrying a baby kitten around in your bib pocket on your overalls.

I think that's where he keeps his peekasnickerdoodleschanuser, isn't it?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9455 times
    I miss growing up in the Country. Of course that was many moons ago, and, Now I only get to see these when we go to the State Fair in Raleigh. You have some really great looking stock there. Keep up the good work and report back when you can.
    PurpleHouse and Wolf1477 like this.
    I strongly support gun control, how else are you going to hit anything?

USMC Military Police SRT 1976-1982
    LEO (Retired) 1982-2010
    NRA Life Member

In memory of Carlos "Whitefeather" Hathcock, miss you my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    17644 times

Kittens!

I managed to get a couple decent shots. Mama (Allie) was in the way in many of them so I didn't have a lot to choose from. I did pull out one good picture of her. She was 3/4 starved and extremely pregnant when she was found outside one of our facilities and of course the people there know I'm a soft touch when it comes to animals so...home she came. The picture of Allie out in the grass was after two days of being here, poor thing was skin and bones...she ended up losing an eye due to infection from tangling with something before I ended up with her.

She had 6 kittens in this litter, unfortunately only 3 survived past the first week (It was wet and cold outside, and Allie was significantly underweight, I'm frankly amazed any of them survived. Two of 'em were heart kittens as well.)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    PurpleHouse and john_bud like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9194 times
    Aw, they do look like the one dad found. He found it, scarily enough, while mowing his back yard. We have no idea how it got there or where mama is. It was scrawny, but 2-3 days of milk and mashed up food have put a belly on it. Still don't know the sex.
    Wolf1477 likes this.

~George Washington

Taurus M85 .38 Special
    Taurus PT-22PLY
    Taurus 738 TCP

Member #
    Liked
    35206 times
    Still don't know the sex.
    PH; if its a boy cat, you just gave him years of emotional problems and therapy if he ever reads this thread!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links