Any Chance of TAURUS moving more production to the US? - SEE STORY BELOW
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TexasDeputy
  • 1 Post By GhostHorse
  • 1 Post By tazelmo

Thread: Any Chance of TAURUS moving more production to the US? - SEE STORY BELOW

Member #
    Liked
    13215 times

Any Chance of TAURUS moving more production to the US? - SEE STORY BELOW

'Made in America' now cheaper than made in Brazil: Boston Consulting Group

By Bernice Napach April 25, 2014 11:07 AM

SOURCE:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...140748699.html

(There is an embedded video in the link above)

Dramatic shifts are happening in global manufacturing, shifts that would have been unbelievable just a few years ago. It is now cheaper to produce goods in Mexico than in China and about 25% more expensive to manufacture products in Brazil than in the U.S., according to a new report from The Boston Consulting Group.

"The conventional wisdom that China and Asia are low cost and South America is low cost and Europe and the U.S. are high cost is no longer true," says Hal Sirkin, a co-author of the report and a senior partner at BCG.

BCG analyzed the 25 top exporting economies according to key drivers of manufacturing and created an index to show their competitive rankings. Among the results: the competitive edge for China over the U.S., which was historically about 20 points, has narrowed to just five.

"The gap is closing and, when you add the transportation costs, it makes a lot more sense for a lot of products to be made in the U.S. than in China," Sirkin tells The Daily Ticker. He says at least 300 companies have moved manufacturing operations back to the U.S. from overseas, a move known as "re-shoring," because "it just makes economic sense."

The U.S. workforce is among the most productive in the world, with relatively flat wages, and has easily available energy resources, Sirkin explains in the video above.

As a result, says Sirkin, foreign companies like Volkswagen (VLKAY) and Siemens (SI) have opened plants in the U.S. and Siemens is even exporting some of the products it makes here. "We're seeing exports from the U.S. rise dramatically."

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33294 times
    You just never know whats coming next.......................

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    9659 times
    I wish all their manufacturing moved here. Then we would probably able to buy most / all parts for our guns.

I choose the gun as the instrument of peace. When peace no longer seeks me I become the instrument.

Sand Lake 2014 / 2015

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    Thanks for the information.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Member #
    Liked
    29224 times
    Hrummmmp in the U S A...HRUMMMMP IN THE U S A !!!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    30577 times
    I've said for years now that the current disparity can't last, and the cost of labor wouldn't be the defining factor in where it made the most sense to location manufacturing capability. This is much sooner than I expected, and there are factors I never thought of, but still, I'm going to claim this as another prediction come true.
    Paul81 likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    5828 times
    The administration is making it more costly to import than it would be to ship over equipment from Brazil and make them here. Then they can avoid those silly restrictions that the left has thrown in the face of manufacturers for decades. Sounds like a god move to me.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    8339 times
    Wisconsin is wide open for business, but I did not see anything that would make me believe that Taurus would come here ( Henry Rifles is here in this state) to this are though we'd love to have them.

Member #
    Liked
    13428 times
    It would be nice if Taurus moved everything here.. More jobs would be nice..
    Paul81 likes this.
    Future WVU Medical School Alumni..Later then sooner, I hope, Date unknown...
    Trump Wins Big.... MR. Trump is now the President of the United States Of America.
    Due to the shortage of Ammo, I will no longer fire warning shots!
    Proud member of the NRA
    I will not comply to government scams.

Member #
    Liked
    8339 times
    That it would everywhere.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links