Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Plano Texas Bullet Trap/Texas member get together....merged

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4258 times

Plano Texas Bullet Trap/Texas member get together....merged

Anyone been to the Bullet Trap in Plano during the last couple months? I went today this afternoon and it was pretty empty, both in the range area and the store area. I wouldn't expect that near Christmas time.
    Why has the world gone to hell since John Wayne died?

Help save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered.

"If the federal government could control anything, I could probably listen to that gibberish, but when they do such a horrible job in controlling spending, borrowing, controlling illegal drugs and illegal aliens coming into this country while they give AK-47s to Mexican drug lords through Fast and Furious, I don’t see much hope in them even beginning to control guns."

Member #
    Liked
    13215 times
    Where exactly is the Bullet Trap? I went to an indoor range in Plano several times with my #4 daughter (the former TABC agent who used to live in Garland).

A few years ago we also went to an outdoor range in Garland - is that still open? (weather permitting, of course).

Plano Mark (and others): Would any of you happen to know if any of the several new Super WalMarts that recently opened in the Plano - Wylie - Sachse area carry firearms? What would be the closest WalMart in that area that carries firearms?

Member #
    Liked
    966 times
    The Garland public range is very much alive and well Garland Public Shooting Range - "+nowtitle+" . It is the least expensive option I am aware of in the area. No help on the Super Walmarts.
    War is God's way of teaching American people geography. .... Ambrose Bierce

NRA & Texas State Rifle Association Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    10715 times
    Walmart had planned on expanding firearms sales to more stores and increasing the size of gun inventory to include handguns as of January 2013, then came the Sandy Hooks shooting and those plans were scrapped. In the following months, there would not have been sufficient firearms or ammo to have done so anyhow.

I will be watching to see if Walmart ever does expand firearm sales in the future.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    19081 times
    Maybe everyone is up at the new Frisco Gun Club. Of course with membership fees starting at $250 and going up to the highest membership level of $7,500 that may not be the real answer.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeputy View Post
    Where exactly is the Bullet Trap? I went to an indoor range in Plano several times with my #4 daughter (the former TABC agent who used to live in Garland).

A few years ago we also went to an outdoor range in Garland - is that still open? (weather permitting, of course).

Plano Mark (and others): Would any of you happen to know if any of the several new Super WalMarts that recently opened in the Plano - Wylie - Sachse area carry firearms? What would be the closest WalMart in that area that carries firearms?
    Its on Avenue K, just north of Park, located in a small plaza on the right.

I know that the Super WalMart on Spring Creek & HWY 75 in Plano carries guns.
    TexasAviator likes this.

"If the federal government could control anything, I could probably listen to that gibberish, but when they do such a horrible job in controlling spending, borrowing, controlling illegal drugs and illegal aliens coming into this country while they give AK-47s to Mexican drug lords through Fast and Furious, I don’t see much hope in them even beginning to control guns."

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Maybe everyone is up at the new Frisco Gun Club. Of course with membership fees starting at $250 and going up to the highest membership level of $7,500 that may not be the real answer.
    Only $7,500????

Hey everybody, memberships on me!

I am sure the Frisco Gun Club will be a success, just because there are wealthy people in the area. But I am too Blue Collar for that.

Member #
    Liked
    13215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Plano Mark View Post
    I know that the Super WalMart on Spring Creek & HWY 75 in Plano carries guns.
    I will stop by there on my next visit to my kids'. Hwy 75 is dangerous for me between MEI MicroCenter, Fry's, CompUSA, Cabela's, and Cheaper Than Dirt.

Dropping my wife and daughter off at the Allen Outlet Mall or Collin Creek Mall, we might have to have a contest on who can spend more on useless fluff.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30631 times
    Mark, I was there a week ago but it was right after they opened, so I didn't think much about the lack of patrons. I haven't heard any rumors of anything going on there though.

I walked into the Frisco Gun Club last weekend and looked around. I might shoot there some but I'll probably continue going to Bullet Trap - like you I'm more of a blue collar guy. FGC is the kind of place they might ask you if you want a massage after you walk in.

Let me know when you want to go shooting, I'd like to get back out.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    35178 times
    I don't shoot over that way much, the closest I come that way to shoot is Elm Fork. Maybe it was just the fact that it was a Tuesday and everyone still seems worried about the roads for some reason. I was over in north Dallas/Richardson today and never have I done the speed limit and felt like I was going to get a speeding ticket on 635! People were crawling along at 45. The funny thing is for the most part it was all nice and dry like another day...
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links