shaving...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: shaving...

Member #
    Liked
    19322 times

shaving...

anyone still using the old version of this or tried this "new" version? I have to wonder about continued availability of replacement blades.

https://www.onerazor.com/
    aphdmansoc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    319 times
    I used my Dads old style like that years ago when I 1st started shaving, now my wife is a Coupon Queen, so I have a drawer full of Mach 3 razors that she gets from the Dollar General for $1 each or less.
    darbo and btleslie like this.
    **I've been Doing So Much, For So long, With So Little.....I Can Do Almost Anything, With Absolutely Nothing.**

Member #
    Liked
    7349 times
    I've got my grandfather's Gillette that he bought back in the '30's. When he gave it to me, he made me promise that I'd never buy blades for it. He knew that I'd end up lopping off a nose or ear with it. I'll stick with my little Schick disposables.
    darbo likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41669 times
    I stopped shaving last year.
    darbo and Cudalyon like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    15446 times
    I hate shaving. I just take my hair clippers once a week and get as close as I can when I shave what little hair I have left on my head. Yes, Im 30 and im bald!
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Member #
    Liked
    5095 times
    What is this "shaving" you speak of?

CF
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

"Stupid people shouldn't breed or own guns; unfortuantely they do both..." - ​MOONDAWG

Member #
    Liked
    17644 times
    I've still got a lot of my dad's uncle's straight razors (he was a barber/surgeon in the Navy) in a jewelry box somewhere, never been inclined to attempt to use one after cutting my finger to the bone when I was a youngling and too stupid to realize how dangerous those things can be.

I've got a $20 Walmart special I use for shaving/trimming. Came with all sorts of depth guards and such, which comes in downright handy when you have no depth perception. I've also got a Wahl clipper that I gotta get oil for before I attempt to use it again (ouch ouch ouch! Pulled facial hairs hurt)

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    22069 times
    I used onE for years, up until maybe five years ago. Along with an actual shaving brush.

Now I use the cheap Bic disposable that only has one blade. The multi blades don't work well for me as I tend to shave only 3-4 times a week. With a longer than one day beard to cut the twin and triples tend to clog and pull.

My Dad wasn't around when I was learning to shave, so Granddad got the job. That's why I'm old school. He had the weirdest razor I've ever seen. It was like a straight razor but used a replaceable blade. The blade was long and narrower than regular "safety" razor blades and the razor had a comb-like attachment that slid off to replace the blade. I can't find a pic but i think these are the blades...

Mustang Razor Replacement Blades - BUR-F-502
    Last edited by glenwolde; 09-12-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    29296 times
    I had a full beard for 10 years.

People cracked me up by continually asking, "Do you like beards?"

My reply was, "No; I hate shaving".
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    13428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    I had a full beard for 10 years.

People cracked me up by continually asking, "Do you like beards?"

My reply was, "No; I hate shaving".
    You sound like me.. Been with same wife for 35 years and shaved off beard only once for fire school back in 1986 I think..
    Future WVU Medical School Alumni..Later then sooner, I hope, Date unknown...
    Trump Wins Big.... MR. Trump is now the President of the United States Of America.
    Due to the shortage of Ammo, I will no longer fire warning shots!
    Proud member of the NRA
    I will not comply to government scams.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links