Raging Judge Magnum - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Raging Judge Magnum

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Ideally 3" chamber, 6" barrel, blued if possible, but stainless steel is OK too, and can shoot 454 And there's a few people who carry Taurus guns around (a couple pawn shops and a dealer nearby) so I will call ahead and try to get on a waiting list or have them call me when in stock.
    Last edited by tonto; 08-04-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Taurus Judge Public Defender
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Marlin model 70
    mixed parts AR-15 (.223)

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    The first time you squeeze off a 454 you'll smile without even realizing it. My ex-wife's 15 year old son kept after me to shoot mine (I mean he REAAALLLY wanted to shoot it). He is a big boy for his age and hunts with a 7mm so what I did wasn't really all that mean... I decided it was time for him to shoot my RJM. I loaded up 4 45LC and 2 454 Casull's (300 grain Hornady's) and hung a target about 10 yards out. I squeezed off the 45LC's while he watched and then surprised him by asking if he wanted to shoot a couple. He did of course so I handed the RJM to him and stood back trying not to laugh. He aimed at the target and squeezed the trigger... the pistol kicked back so hard I thought it had broken his wrist. It hadn't broken his wrist, but one round was all he wanted. He gave it back to me, and the rest of the time I was there he didn't ask to shoot it again. I don't live near them so he can only pester me about it when I'm there. I'm sure he'll be ready for round two the next time I'm up that way and break it out. I still smile when I think of the look on his face when he squeezed the trigger... absolutely priceless.
    bcteck5 likes this.
    Army National Guard-1988-1990
    US Army Reserves-1990-1992
    US Army-1992-1998

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Tonto, below is the link. Unfortunately, I was forced to buy from this site because prices were over $1,000 here. I strongly recommend going somewhere else, as it was a nightmare. I had to call over a dozen times to find the answer to the question I had to keep asking, "Where's my gun?!" I literally had to talk over a woman to demand to be transferred to another phone operator. They told me it had shipped, but it hadn't. Don't go through the headache. Bud's has these listed, but the weight is that of the Ultralite. I'd stay away from there, too. The one you want is about 73 ounces. Don't get anything less. I'd really purchase in person if you could. I think you've made a fine choice. I love my blued 6.5" Raging Judge! And I see how you became so confused while looking at it. Information online about these has gotten ridiculously varied from source to source! When I was looking for mine, there was almost no information on it.
    Oh! By the way, the model you're looking for is Taurus Model M513B6. Since you want the 454, stay away from anything that has UL in the model number. Good luck, man. Keep me updated.
    74627 - Taurus Raging Judge Model 513 Revolver .454 Casull, .410 Bore 6.5" Barrel 3" Chambers 6 Rounds Black Rubber Grip Blue Finish

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Southern4x4, that's messed up, but so funny! I've dealt with people like that. Had a friend drop my 12 gauge and somehow jam it! A pump-action! How he did it, I will never know. So I stay away from handing people things they can't handle. Nobody here is 5 years old, so I won't mention safety. I'd hope we've all got that down. Nowadays, I just have them watch me fire it. I handle recoil pretty well, so most are disheartened when they see the recoil of the 454. Felt good to do that to him, though, didn't it?

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepwalker7779 View Post
    Southern4x4, that's messed up, but so funny! I've dealt with people like that. Had a friend drop my 12 gauge and somehow jam it! A pump-action! How he did it, I will never know. So I stay away from handing people things they can't handle. Nobody here is 5 years old, so I won't mention safety. I'd hope we've all got that down. Nowadays, I just have them watch me fire it. I handle recoil pretty well, so most are disheartened when they see the recoil of the 454. Felt good to do that to him, though, didn't it?
    Just to clarify... he's my ex-wife's son but not my son; though I treat him like he is. I was standing behind and to his left when he squeezed it off. I had repeatedly warned him about the recoil, but he just had to shoot it. He turned around like he had been snake bit with a shocked look. He did hold his composure well enough to keep the pistol pointed down range when he turned back to look at me. No harm no foul. To answer your question - yeah it felt good but in an "OK he learned a valuable lesson kind of way".
    He's a good kid and has been shooting/hunting since he was 7 so I didn't really "throw him to the wolves" so to speak. My daughter has also been shooting/hunting since age 7 - she's 21 now with a son of her own. My Grandson will be 1 in Oct. He already owns a Cricket .22 given to him by my parents and a Remington Model 700 300 Win Mag given to him by me. The 300 Win Mag was given to me by my ex's parents(given to me after we divorced - they still treat me like a son and always have). I thought keeping it in the family was the right thing to do - he won't shoot it for many, many years to come but by the time he's old enough you won't be able to find a rifle of that quality anywhere. It's an absolute tack driver and has dropped every deer I've had in the cross-hairs literally in their tracks.
    Army National Guard-1988-1990
    US Army Reserves-1990-1992
    US Army-1992-1998

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One tip I was given for a gentle solvent to easily clean leading out of a barrel (mainly for guns with polymer frames, like my Public Defender) is equal parts vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Simply cork the barrel, pour the mix in, and let soak a while. I haven't managed to try it yet, so I can't say first hand if it works or not. Perhaps someone else here has some input to this also.

To the rest who've posted in this thread, great stuff. As just mentioned, I own the Poly Public Defender and have been looking to "upsize" to the Raging Judge and I didn't even know there was a six-shot model out. I also agree with teaching guns at young ages. Should I have kids, they'll be introduced soon as they can hold a small air pistol.

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    I believe that all Ranging Judge Magnums that hold 6 rounds can shoot .454 casull. All Ultralight Raging Judge Magnums hold 7 rounds and CANNOT shoot .454 casull.
    My wish list...
    Number one is definitely the Akdal Mka 1919 12 gauge. With a slide-fire stock, nothing is cooler than a fully automatic 12 gauge slinging 00 buckshot!

#2 is a Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 - Because it is AWESOME and it holds 16 rounds!

#3 is The new Arsenal Arms Double Barrel 1911. Because it brings a new meaning to the phrase DOUBLE TAP!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Not had a problem yet but Barnes makes a solvent for they're copper bullets and I would want to think it would be about the best

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've never shot 454 out of a Judge (I have a poly) but my dad has a Freedom Arms 454 casull single action gate loader with a 7.5" barrel. I used to take that thing out in the back yard at 12 years old and shoot it. Fun gun with very managable recoil plus it's got that cool cowboy feel/look. I'm sure it's why I like big revolvers . We call it the "elephant gun" lol.
    Taurus Judge Public Defender Polymer
    Glock 17 Gen 1
    Jennings J-22

Remington 870 Wingmaster 28ga
    Rossi Model 62 Pump .22lr
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

"A gun should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon,
    not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool."

Member #
    The Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Liked
    113 times
    Thanks for the review, the Judge does look pretty cool.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."- Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links