Raging Judge Magnum - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Raging Judge Magnum

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have the 6.5" Blued version. It has a 6 round cylinder and can take the 454 loads. The ultralite model comes in either length and either finish, holds 7 rounds, but can only handle the 45 LC and 2.5" and 3" 410 rounds. To me, the extra round wasn't worth losing the power of the 454. I'm very glad that I made that decision. In my opinion, either of them are too big for me to conceal, so I found the 3" barrel less fitting for me. I'll be purchasing a 454 Alaskan for a smaller framed 454 to carry in the mountains. I would, however, advise the stainless finish if you don't enjoy cleaning your firearms. I do, so the fact that it almost attracts fingerprints and such doesn't bother me.
    As for the cleaning, thank you guys for the cautions. I do continue to clean very thoroughly and include Hoppe's. I don't leave the Windex in the barrel for a second longer than it takes for me to change the patch and get it out. I have noticed a great improvement in the appearance of my RJM barrel. However, I will definitely look into that copper solvent.
    I bought my RJM the day before my CCW class from the shop where I took the class. The instructor asked me to bring it to class, so I did. Got to fire it for the first time in front of everyone there. He kept using it as an example of what not to carry, unless you wanted to drop it on their toes or throw it at them. I've taken it to the range several times and this thing demands respect! It's my favorite to fire and clean.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Also, this thing has created an obsession with revolvers. Before purchasing, the only revolver I owned was a 2" 357. Since then, I've eyed a lot of revolvers. After I get my PT100 and the conversion barrels, I intend to purchase a Model 66 (stainless 6" 7 shot 357) and the 454 Alaskan. I've always been a semi-auto guy, seeing as how I shoot competition, but this gun threw me into the revolver world. If you're even considering this firearm, you won't regret it.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Ok so is there a Judge with 6" barrel, 3" chamber, that shoots 454 as well? There's so many darn options

In other words, what's the non ultra-light equivalent to this model: Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Is it this one? Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    Taurus Judge Public Defender
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Marlin model 70
    mixed parts AR-15 (.223)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Yep. I have that model, but blued. It handles 454's like a dream. Keep me updated on your decision and if you get it.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepwalker7779 View Post
    Yep. I have that model, but blued. It handles 454's like a dream. Keep me updated on your decision and if you get it.
    Which model? (were you replying to me or the original author?)
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Marlin model 70
    mixed parts AR-15 (.223)

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Tonto, Yes that second link is the non-ultra-light version that can shoot 454's. The ultralight is just like other Judges (45 colt and 410ga) but it accepts 3" shells.

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonto View Post
    Ok thanks, it appears that the 6" barrel ones might be ultralight? I'm not sure what that means, per se, but I can't find a "regular" one?
    The 6" comes in the heavy stainless or blued also. They do make an UL. It' a 7 or 8 shot if memory serves me right. I found mine in a catalog at my LGS and ordered it - took 2 days to get to me.
    Army National Guard-1988-1990
    US Army Reserves-1990-1992
    US Army-1992-1998

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Thanks for the info. If the ultralight version is the only one that has the 3" chamber, then I guess I'll have to go with that... I really want the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel.

If they ever made a 3" chamber model with interchangeable barrels (like Dan Wessons) I'd cream my shorts.
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Marlin model 70
    mixed parts AR-15 (.223)

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Tonto, I am the original poster. The Raging Judge Magnum has a 3" chamber. The regular RJM comes in stainless and blued and can be purchased in 3" or 6.5" barrel lengths. It will accept 45LC, 454 Casull, and 410 (2.5" & 3"). The cylinder will hold 6 rounds. Mine is blued, has a 6.5" barrel, 3" chamber, and accepts 454 Casull.
    The Ultralite comes in stainless and blued, 6.5" or 3" barrels, as well. The obvious difference is the 7 round capacity. However, it will only chamber the 45LC and 410 (2.5" & 3"). This model does not accept the 454 Casull round.
    They both come in both finishes and both lengths. The difference is in the number of rounds in the cylinder and the type of rounds that the cylinder will accept. Any model of the Raging Judge Magnum will accept 45LC and up to 3" 410's. The Ultralite will not accept the 454 rounds because the round creates too much pressure for the material. As I stated, you have the same choices in barrel lengths and finishes with either the standard RJM or the Ultralite. It's just a matter of whether or not you want to be able to fire the 454 Casull round from this revolver. Imo, it's not worth it if you don't. The 454 is tamed very well and I feel the recoil considerably less than my friend's Desert Eagle (50 AE).

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Sorry about the long-winded explanation. The reason I posted, saying "I have that model" was because I was responding to the question just before the second link. As Mattias44 stated, it's the second link. I should've been more specific. My apologies. I was tired. What exactly do you want? Barrel length, accepted ammunition, and finish? Give me a list and I will find the model number and information for you. Just a heads up, though, it was extremely hard for me to get a hole of. I found that I had to catch it with money in hand when they were in stock. After that, I had to wait each time for up to 3 months for it to be in stock again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links