Raging Judge - 3" or 6.5"?
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Raging Judge - 3" or 6.5"?

Anyone using the 6.5" Raging Judge? Debating between the 3" and 6.5". 3 is "easier" to carry but 6.5 can have a scope.

Not sure if I would ever actually put a scope on it... but just in case!

Anyone have any experience or educated opinions on the 3" vs 6.5"?

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27595 times
    No educated response here, as I've only owned two Judges: a Public Defender and an Ultralight Judge with the 3 in. barrel.

However, I can take this opportunity to welcome you to the finest handgun forum on the Internet!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've owned a Public Defender and a Raging Judge. The RJ is an AWSOME chunk of destruction. If I read right, you're planning on carrying this gun? Under what cercumstance would you be carrying it? I ask this because holster options are pretty thin at the moment. I used a SWAT thigh holster......worked quite well. Keep in mind that the RJ is VEEERRRYYY heavy. As far as the barrel lenth.......how accurate do you want it to be? Obviously, the longer the barrel, the better the accurasy. Firing the snubnose was something that's hard to put into words. The recoil is managable, but very wicked. 454's use a rifle primer, and it shows. The concustion from that round is mind-blowing. I was getting 4" groups with it at 15 yards, she's very accurate with the 2" barrel. The 6" will be a little heavier and a little harder to carry around, but it would be a lot more accurate. And, to be honest, that's a little scary. Have fun with your purchase, whichever one you go with will be a blast. Good Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad I found this site. I also have a PT140 which is the wife's favorite gun. Go figure. She's not going to know about this one though until I have it safely home!

I periodically go in to my local shop just to hold the Raging Judge, unloaded of course, and it's even heavy then. I can just imagine carrying it. Honestly, it would probably be a bedside and under the car seat gun when I'm not wearing it on the trail or blowing up a watermelon. It does seem a bit hard to conceal...maybe that's the point!

Chewmaize, what made you go with the shorter barrel?

Sounds pretty dang accurate already. I actually have not even seen the 6" in person so I only have an idea through pics of how much bigger it is. I'm kind of leaning toward the snub. I just wanted to know if I would be disappointed with the accuracy and wish that I had gone with the bigger gun. As far as recoil, I would guess that there's so much powder going through this bad boy that a few more ounces of barrel weight wouldn't do much to minimize it. What do you think?

Sponsored Links