Side Mount Laser for Public Defender ?
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Side Mount Laser for Public Defender ?

I searched and found a couple posts from last year on the Laserlyte side mount laser for the Public Defender
    CK-TA. This seems to be the only laser that fits the PD. Does anyone have any experience using this on your PD or Judge ? Does it hold up to the recoil ? How is the battery life ? Would you buy again ? Anyone recomend a store or online store with the best service and price? Thanks !
    Steeltown

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Yes I am having fun !

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Side Mount Laser for Public Defender ?

I have been looking for a laser for my PD and I looked at the Crimson Trace line first. But after doing some more research I am leaning toward getting the Laserlyte side mount. I know it is not as aesthetically pleasing as the laser grip but there are some pros that I really like. The Laserlyte fits all Taurus revolvers. The price is right. I found it at Midway USA for $114.99 and for that price you can buy two for what one pair of Crimson Trace grips cost. You can keep your PD grips in place. I know some people just don't like these grips but I do and find them very comfortable. There are 2 reviews on Midway and both are from 2011 and both are 5 star. In fact I think I just talked myself into buying it.

Steeltown
    Yes I am having fun !

Member #
    Liked
    359 times

I've had one on my PD for quite a while. Easy install and works great. You won't regret it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Laserlyte side mount for my PD came today from Midway (with there always fast shipping) it was very easy to install. The only tool not included is a screwdriver to remove side plate screws. I had to change to smaller plate for the PD frame but that was no sweat. It came with 2 side plates, 4 screws ,5 allen wrenches and 4 extra batteries and Illustrated instruction booklet.
    After getting it all back together I had to make a few adjustments for windage and elevation to line up with the stock sights. Works great so far and I will be making a trip to the range this weekend to get it dialed in. Bonus is it fits well in the holster without any problems. Range report to follow !
    Steeltown
    Yes I am having fun !

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7199 times

Please do report back in after the range trip, and post pics if you can!
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I made it to the range on Fri. with my new Judge PD and everything worked as it should. I used Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense .410 shotgun loads that packs 4 lead 00 buckshot pellets. The .45 Colt ammo used was Hornady Critical Defense loaded with 185 gr. FTX bullets. Target was set at 27 feet (9 yards) I started with a shot at each small bullseye with 1 round each of 45 & .410 starting at bottom left and moving clockwise. 1st shot was on the lower left bullseye and was low and right. I made a 1/4 turn elevation adjustment on the laser and the 2nd shot was on the top left bullseye and was right there with the elevation but still right. Note on 1st & 2nd shots 1 pellet from each did make it into the bullseye. Before the 3rd shot I made a 1/4 turn windage adjustment and and both shots hit bullseye. On the 4th bullseye on the lower right I was again low and the .45 was left. On that one I blame the shooter (me) ! The last shots I made were on the center diamond with three .45 rds and 1 .410 rd. With the .45's one was low and 2 were in the bullseye as were 3 of the pellets from the .410. Overall I'm very happy with these results and after making only small adjustments on the laser it worked great. Very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a laser for your Judge PD !
    Steeltown
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Yes I am having fun !

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7199 times

Thanks for the report and photo!
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    11227 times

There is a Taurus M1913 rail kit for the Judge if you want to mount another type of laser.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but, will it fit the Poly?

Nevermind. Just found the small print.
    Last edited by cajun66; 07-20-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: updated
    Matt.

Tyranny is the exercise of some power over a man, which is not warranted by law, or necessary for the public safety. A people can never be deprived of their liberties, while they retain in their own hands, a power sufficient to any other power in the state.
    Noah Webster

Sponsored Links