New PD Poly Owner in KC -Anybody tried Sellier Bellot 410PDA 000+15BBs ?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SQuatrocky
  • 1 Post By

Thread: New PD Poly Owner in KC -Anybody tried Sellier Bellot 410PDA 000+15BBs ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

New PD Poly Owner in KC -Anybody tried Sellier Bellot 410PDA 000+15BBs ?

Has anyone patterned the Sellier Bellot 410 Personal Defense Ammo that has one 000 Buck Pellet followed by 15 BB's in a 2" Public Defender? It can be found in stock and cheaper than CrDef, PDX or Fed 000 at Classic Firearms $19.45/25rds. Isnt a BB the same as 0 Buck, substantial enough to wound but still a limited number <15 to patch in the drywall afterwards.

I'm a city boy and dont think my local indoor ranges will let me test it as they are restricted to solid projectiles versus buckshot. I am envisioning a 6-8" diameter pattern at 5yds and less than 15-20" at 10yds? If so, I am thinking that the SB410PDA would be a great option for the first 2 rounds followed by 3 rounds of Hornady CrDef 45Colt as my PD Poly will be a bedside gun.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Every last ammo test that I have seen with shot smaller than 00 Buckshot has been underwhelming. Small shot spreads out like crazy and penetrates pitifully.

I suggest checking out some of the .410 ammo tests performed by ShootingtheBull410 on YouTube, he uses a Public Defender for most of his tests too, so the results should be 1:1.
    silverstring likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    810 times
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBzqul48Oo

This is the defense round in my Jeep Public Defender.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34638 times
    Drywall's cheap, last thing to worry about in a home invasion scenario. When I first got my Judge Mag, I tried all the Gucci SD rounds...Buck & BB, Disc & BB, etc and never thought about 'em again......can't imagine a situation where they'd be good for anything. You're limited with a PD but I say pure 000 Buck loads are your best bet for shot shells. I use 3" 5-pellet, which puts five .27 caliber pellets (if I did the conversion right) within an 8" target at 20-30 feet. One shot, five holes is hard to beat.

BTW... Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links