Hammer finish - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hammer finish

Member #
    Liked
    6147 times
    I would think if you research it far enough that you will find the hammer is a MIM part and difficult to put any after market finish on.

I do not want to start a war over the quality of or lack of quality of MIM parts. I do know that I have seen bins containing tens of thousands of hammers and other internal parts at the Taurus plant around their mim furnaces.

I have no problem with mim parts I am simply trying to present another reason why the finish on your hammer went bad.

Don
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I would agree. Called Taurus this morning to start a service request, and paid them to have shipping label emailed to me. it'll actually be emailed in a couple days as they're transferring all their guns to be fixed in Georgia now not in Miami any longer, and they need to set up the new shipping process with FedEx. So the gun will actually be sent to Georgia. They're saying it will be about a 12 week turnaround time. Bummer, but like I said I've survived the NFA process before I'll survive this. Thanks for everybody's thoughts, and advice. Much appreciated.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    So the CS tech at Taurus I spoke to on the morning of the 29th, said I need to wait for a label going to their new repair facility in Bainbridge, Georgia as they are no longer doing repairs in Miami any longer, and they are sending all the guns that they currently have in Miami to the Georgia facility. They needed to get everything set up with Fed Ex with the new address, and they would send me a label via email when they had it all set up. I got a label today after a 6 day wait, and yep, it has the Miami address on it, not the Bainbridge, Georgia address. It was suggested to use their prepaid label as if I sent it to the Miami address, it would have to be accepted, and redirected to Georgia causing further delays. I guess I need to call back customer service tomorrow morning.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    At least they are doing work in the U.S. When I had my PT145, they had to send it to Brazil to work on it. It was for a trigger recall from what I remember.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Brazil...that might take awhile. I called and they got the label corrected and emailed to me. I sent it off yesterday and they are supposed to receive it today. Hopefully the turn around time is pretty good. Give my hand a bit of recovery time, as I went and blasted a box of 50 .45LC, a box of 20 .410's, and a box of 20 Casull's before cleaning her up and sending her off for a bit. It is like the .500 mag for me, it is not too bad when shooting, but you can tell you were blasting something serious later on.. I love the Casull round though. Makes me want to break out the RCBS and start hand loading again.😊
    Last edited by daglockman; 11-06-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links