Educate me please.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BangBang

Thread: Educate me please.

Member #
    Liked
    6972 times

Question Educate me please.

I Recently acquired a handgun in a trade. I had a Bush hog for sale And the man who wanted to buy it was short on the price. He asked me if I take a trade that he had a handgun he was willing to trade for $200 toward the Bush hog. I was only getting rid of the Bush hog to make some Room in my Pole barn and he seemed like a pretty nice guy so I said sure no problem.

He gave me the cash that he had and he got a gun rug out of his truck. I took a quick look at the gun and then I zipped up the rug and dropped it in the back seat of my pick up on the floor. That was about 2 weeks or so ago and I had forgotten about it till today.

I took it into my shop, opened up the rug, and checked out the handgun. It was the smallest judge I had ever seen! It is a stainless steel public defender with a 2" barrel. It holds 5 shots and has a pretty decent trigger. The problem is the size. I can only get 2 fingers on the grip my little finger is left swaying in the breeze. I haven't shot it yet but with the size of the grip and the overall size of the gun I'm not really looking forward to it. I can hide it in one hand. It appears it was made on a model 85 frame....

Any pointers or suggestions that might make this a less painful experience? I know I could research this online and gets in the answers but I'm just busy as I can be the last few days and the rest of the week.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can give me on this little bitty judge

Don

Name:  20190823_132135.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.41 MB
    777Driver and JimmyA like this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32629 times
    Jeez, I'm getting forgetful in my old age, but I think if I took a handgun in trade, first thing I'd do is test it!

.410 is not too bad on recoil. I wouldn't worry about that unless you don't like the grips that are on it. Standard pressure ,45 Colt...ditto Looks like an ultralight, though, so it might be a bit interesting.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, Don, you're actually in luck. I have a Public Defender Poly to which I've added a Pachmayr extended grip and it makes a world of difference for the PD. The extended grip is just the right size for all three fingers and very comfortable to shoot as well. Until I found this
    extended
    grip , I was considering getting rid of my PD, but now I'll never get rid of it. As I recall, it was about $25.

The extended grip is easy to install (one bolt at the bottom of the grip to remove, replace the Taurus rubber grip halves with the Pachmayr grip halves, and put the bolt back in). The Pachmayr model number you want is #02475. Be sure to get that model because they sell others for the Judge that don't fit the PD. I don't know if that model number is correct for the steel PD, but it sure works wonders for my Poly PD. Good luck. John

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4388 times
    That's a mighty stout revolver. Looks like it would be quite a bit to hold when in action. Looks to be in excellent shape.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Get a Hogue Mono or a Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grip for it. I prefer the Hogue!
    Last edited by ibshane; 03-19-2020 at 05:20 AM.

Sponsored Links