Who EDCs a judge?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Who EDCs a judge?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times

Who EDCs a judge?

I'm interested in who EDCs a judge and what do you carry it in. I made a leather owb holster for my poly a couple of weeks ago and have only carried it once. The large cylinder make is a bit difficult to carry in summer attire.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2237 times
    My brother used to carry his Taurus Judge with him when he went for walks. At first he carried it inside of a shoulder holster, then eventually he replaced it with a Blackhawk belt holster.

That being said, nowadays he carries a Ruger LC9s because it's much lighter and he never encountered anything worse than snakes. At the time there had been hog sightings in the area, so it made more sense to carry the Judge.

Personally, I would only carry the Judge if I were going hiking or something out in the wilderness where most predators are the four-legged variety. It just seems too big, too bulky, too heavy, too much for EDC.
    If my heart was set on carrying the Judge, then I would opt for the Public Defender Poly model to make it a bit more carry-friendly.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    That's kinda pushing the envelope, Edc of a 3x3 Judge, the handgun is huge, mine is carried when I do carry it using a IWB kydex holster, seems to support weight distribution of it better, but the Taurus judge as an EDC for this person is out of the question, my EDC is a Glock 42 in .380 I can pocket carry if I want to ....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5800 times
    I only know one person who carries a Judge, a woman. She's got one of those special carry purses with a hidden middle pocket. She just reaches in the middle of the purse from the outside and out comes the cannon. I presume the visual would deter any attacker.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31320 times
    No love for the PD? I think that would be a great concealed carry gun.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I kind of do. When I'm in the woods for camping, hunting, and hiking, I carry my Judge. Otherwise, there are better, more concealable options in my inventory. The Judge makes a great woods gun because of the flexibility in ammo load out.
    trouter2 likes this.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Member #
    Liked
    33326 times
    I sorta' carry my Mag......it's with me one way or another. Preferably, I use a vertical shoulder rig but as OC is legal here, I often opt for a side holster, both are fabric. I wear thin, short sleeved coveralls in warm weather with little hope of concealing anything and no belt so I usually carry it in a pocket of a backpack I use to shuttle stuff between home and work. It's a big gun, no doubt but after a short adjustment period, it felt comfortable carrying it in either holster. The weight doesn't bother me, the Mag actually feels kinda' light since I like all my guns a li'l weighty anyway. I practice mostly with short Federal 4-pellet 000 Buck but I carry it with the Winchester 3" 5-pellet. I mostly intended it for critters but after witnessing the damage that thing does at SD ranges, it's my first choice for any close threat. Besides......there's comfort in knowing that should I ever have to take on a BG, I've got 'im outnumbered 5 to 1.
    Car_Doc likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    2237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    No love for the PD? I think that would be a great concealed carry gun.
    The last sentence of my post was actually; "If my heart was set on carrying the Judge, then I would opt for the Public Defender Poly model to make it a bit more carry-friendly."

That being said, I don't know if I'd call it great for concealed carry, because although it is light and slimmer than the full-size Judge, it's still a bulky .45 caliber wheel gun with an elongated cylinder. Personally, the only time I could possibly carry a Judge concealed would be in the dead of Winter during sub-zero temperatures beneath a heavy coat. (And this is coming from a big guy who is 6ft, 200lbs, and lifts weights daily.)

The Judge is best suited for open carry, IMO. It makes for a good trail gun and I'd assume that any would-be trouble-makers would think twice about messing with a guy who's touting such a massive gun on his hip. (Or at least the sane ones would.)
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    The last sentence of my post was actually; "If my heart was set on carrying the Judge, then I would opt for the Public Defender Poly model to make it a bit more carry-friendly."

That being said, I don't know if I'd call it great for concealed carry, because although it is light and slimmer than the full-size Judge, it's still a bulky .45 caliber wheel gun with an elongated cylinder. Personally, the only time I could possibly carry a Judge concealed would be in the dead of Winter during sub-zero temperatures beneath a heavy coat. (And this is coming from a big guy who is 6ft, 200lbs, and lifts weights daily.)

The Judge is best suited for open carry, IMO. It makes for a good trail gun and I'd assume that any would-be trouble-makers would think twice about messing with a guy who's touting such a massive gun on his hip. (Or at least the sane ones would.)
    I live in Texas and it gets pretty hot here. There are times in the summer I get lazy and carry my pocket 380, but overall I like carrying a regular carry gun, no matter how hot it gets. I even carry my Sig P226, which is much larger than the PD, it's not always comfortable but it sure gives me more comfort that that pocket 380.
    Car_Doc likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I figured with how popular the judge has been over the years that more would be carrying it. I do agree that it is just too big to be an EDC, and it does make as a nice yard work/ trail gun. I live in Florida where everything in the swamp wants to eat you so it's a good fit. On a side note south Florida FWC just gave free range to killing of invasive iguanas and wonder if the judge sells will go up in that area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links