Who EDCs a judge? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Who EDCs a judge?

Member #
    Liked
    2210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean_streak View Post
    I figured with how popular the judge has been over the years that more would be carrying it. I do agree that it is just too big to be an EDC, and it does make as a nice yard work/ trail gun. I live in Florida where everything in the swamp wants to eat you so it's a good fit. On a side note south Florida FWC just gave free range to killing of invasive iguanas and wonder if the judge sells will go up in that area.
    The Judge is most popular as a nightstand gun, truck gun, or trail gun. The Public Defender is supposed to be a Concealed Carry version of the Judge, but I've never actually heard of anyone carrying one, save for YouTuber NutnFancy who claimed he carried his in a video once, but he kept going back and forth about it's viability in the role, so it wasn't exactly clear if he actually carries it regularly or if he was merely doing so at the time in order to evaluate its performance as an Everyday Carry Gun, either way, he flip-flopped like crazy on the subject then went on to say that the S&W Governor was better about a week later in spite of still being really non-committal on the subject, but I digress. Out of the multiple roles which the Judge has become a popular choice for, Everyday Carry isn't one of them.

Can the Judge be carried on a daily basis? Sure, folks have carried bigger, heavier guns than the Judge, (I actually recall a gun on a forum who used to EDC a S&W M500ES, although he did live in Alaska.) but it's certainly not a popular choice for Everyday Carry, nor is its Smith & Wesson counterpart.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 07-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19428 times
    I guess I’d never carry a Judge; I’ve got a Governor . . . .
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I guess I’d never carry a Judge; I’ve got a Governor . . . .
    Blasphemer!!!!! Blasphemer!!!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7252 times
    I have carried my PD Judge, wasn't that bad.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13377 times
    I normally carry a PT 99 and two fifteen round mags, when I go to snake country I carry the judge. I'm not seeing any problems.

loudviking likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
    Blasphemer!!!!! Blasphemer!!!!
    Hey, it carries 6 rounds. It is a bedside gun with the first 3 rounds of 45 Colt and the next 3 rounds Winchester PDX 410.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 07-19-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    sgtsandman likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Hey, it carries 6 rounds. It is a bedside gun with the first 3 rounds of 45 Colt and the next 3 rounds Winchester PDX 410.
    It’s not a Taurus! Begone spawn of Satan!

Seriously, Taurus is good but I can’t blame you for going with a Governor. The extra shot and the ability to shoot .45ACP is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Member #
    Liked
    8419 times
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gCKvlyWUnu4VGd

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...rry-judge.html
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...-opinions.html

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...r-pd-poly.html

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...o-poly-pd.html

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...-pd-judge.html

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...nder-poly.html
    There is a shipload of these kind of threads in the Judge archives. At one time and for a few years there were quite a few Judge fans who carried Poly or other versions of the Judge for defense as can be seen by the number of links at this is only the tip of the iceberg. Many of those Judge carriers have gone on to do other places or do other things. Part of this has to do with more and more people carrying pistols instead of revolvers. It's easier to pack a compact or pocket pistol than to carry a small framed Judge.

For about a decade the Judge was one of the most popular guns out there. With the mass buying of guns and a " new flavor of the week" models being put out there in the last few years the market is saturated. Most of the mass buying is now over with pistols being the main focus of most gun owners these days.

Revolvers still have a large following here in the shooting culture, but not as big a following in decades past.

Just as an example I have a number of .44 Special Taurus revolvers. These do for me what the Judge does, but the .44 Special revolvers are easier to carry concealed, for me, than carrying a Judge. Others do the same with the .45 Colt shot revolvers.

The Judge is a fine revolver and gets the job done for it's owners. For some of us we have things already covered with by other revolvers.

The fans for the Poly Judge and Defender models are out there and their picks are excellent ones.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
    It’s not a Taurus! Begone spawn of Satan!

Seriously, Taurus is good but I can’t blame you for going with a Governor. The extra shot and the ability to shoot .45ACP is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you there. I once asked a Taurus employer why they didn’t include half moon or moon clips to make 45 ACP available to the judge - I got an immediate stank eye stare from the employee; I asked if it was even possible to use clips for 45ACP and got a second stank eye stare followed by “use of a Judge in a manner not approved will void the warranty.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Member #
    Liked
    8419 times
    This thread goes back aways. How far? This far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links