No love for the raging judge?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mean_streak

Thread: No love for the raging judge?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times

No love for the raging judge?

Hey everyone I recently pick up a 3" raging judge and did a brief search to see what ammo everyone is using and any customization or operating issues I should be aware of and I'm not seeing much on here at all. Where are all raging judges at?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31894 times
    Love the Raging Judge ! Can't afford it though.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2397 times
    I contemplated getting a Raging Judge for a bit, but ultimately ended up getting the Judge Magnum instead because it was significantly cheaper and more suitable for my intended role as a Home Defense firearm.

The Raging Judge is too expensive and the weight seems excessive, although it most likely helps to mitigate recoil as a fringe benefit. Lastly comes the issue of what niche it fits into, it's too powerful for Home Defense and arguably too heavy to serve as a Trail Gun, so what does it offer which cannot be offered by other firearms at a significantly lower price? That's just my perspective though, firearms are ultimately what the shooter makes of them, so if you can tow that bad boy around in the woods, then more power to you, it definitely has the utility to excell as a Wildness Defense firearm if you can handle the weight.

That being said, if nothing else I'll bet it makes for a killer range gun! Not only does it look very impressive, but it probably shoots .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt like a dream, and the fireball that erupts from the shorter barrel when .454 Casull is asight to behold.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Sponsored Links