• 1 Post By NativeTexan
  • 2 Post By GreenWolf70
  • 2 Post By GreenWolf70

Thread: Poly PD

Member #
    Liked
    3306 times

Poly PD

I have owned a couple of Poly PD's .. They seem to have went through trades ...
    I do not question it's ability to be a SD revovler.. the Federal 000 Buck revovler round , and the Winchester 45 Colt PDX1 is perfect for the revovler..

My roll for the Poly PD is going to be a 75% yard work 25% SD carry ...

My buddy , that owns my last Poly PD has dispatched 4 Copperheads and one aggressive feral dog with it so far this summer while doing landscape work at his cabin .. all were taken with #4 shot (even the dog ) the dog wouldn't let him come off his ladder ... Needless to say it was a close shot ..

Im just looking for a deal .. I hate to overpay !
    silverstring likes this.
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10843 times
    Check out KYGUNCO fathers day sale, they may still have a few left.

Blems
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    3306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Check out KYGUNCO fathers day sale, they may still have a few left.

Blems
    I missed out ! Drat !
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30452 times
    This is MY Poly.......

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Buckeye! likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10177 times
    I prefer the metal ones. The polys, including the Rugers, feel like they twist in my hand on firing. I like my Judge with its 4" barrel and 2.5" chambers gives me the right mix .410 and .45LC accuracy and performance.

Name:  Judge.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  96.9 KB

BTW, #8, #8 1/2, and #9 shot perform the best on snakes. Really, any of the trap/clay/skeet loads work. I haven't taken any this year, what with the cold spring, but I usually get 6-8 every summer, almost all Copperheads. At close range those trap loads just make one large hole, and they are pretty good on tree rats too, if you keep the range within 20 feet.
    Buckeye! and silverstring like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I prefer the metal ones. The polys, including the Rugers, feel like they twist in my hand on firing. I like my Judge with its 4" barrel and 2.5" chambers gives me the right mix .410 and .45LC accuracy and performance.

Name:  Judge.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  96.9 KB

BTW, #8, #8 1/2, and #9 shot perform the best on snakes. Really, any of the trap/clay/skeet loads work. I haven't taken any this year, what with the cold spring, but I usually get 6-8 every summer, almost all Copperheads. At close range those trap loads just make one large hole, and they are pretty good on tree rats too, if you keep the range within 20 feet.

Thanks for the heads up on the Trap loads , If I was younger and my back wasn't worn out .. Id opt for your rig .. I used to carry N & L size revovlers on a daily basis... But those days are over ... The Poly PD that I purchase will be carried during yard work , landscaping & pileing brush and such .... so it will be carried more than shot
    Taurus Family
    TCP
    Heritage 22/22 Mag

Member #
    Liked
    10177 times
    LOL, I am not exactly a Spring Chicken anymore. 30 plus years of military service left the back and knees in pretty sad shape. I made a chest rig to carry my Judge. It gets the weight off my lower back.
    NativeTexan and Buckeye! like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Good luck in finding a deal. Judges have been around a good while now, so you should be able to find something you'd like in the price you are looking for. Just remember, the lighter the gun, the more it's going to kick when shot. A chest rig or shoulder rig might help distribute the load where it's more comfortable for your back.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Sponsored Links