Congratulations to "The Judge"! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Congratulations to "The Judge"!

Member #
    Liked
    2437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Then WHY does it not pass Illinois' 800 degree melting point law? Steel melts WAY above that, without looking it up. Aluminum is around 2000 degrees IIRC. And, the gun is heavy, way heavier than it should be with an aluminum frame.
    Without knowledge of the particulars of Illinois' melting point law and the exact composition of the alloy used by Heritage Arms I can't answer that question. One possibility is that Heritage Arms uses ZAMAK for another part of the firearm besides the frame or that while the alloy used by Heritage Arms is primarily comprised of Aluminum it also includes a high concentration of other metals with significantly lower melting points, but that's mere speculation on my part.

For the sake of clarification, I may contact Heritage Arms requesting elaboration on the composition of the Rough Rider's frame.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Without knowledge of the particulars of Illinois' melting point law and the exact composition of the alloy used by Heritage Arms I can't answer that question. One possibility is that Heritage Arms uses ZAMAK for another part of the firearm besides the frame or that while the alloy used by Heritage Arms is primarily comprised of Aluminum it also includes a high concentration of other metals with significantly lower melting points, but that's mere speculation on my part.

For the sake of clarification, I may contact Heritage Arms requesting elaboration on the composition of the Rough Rider's frame.
    There are at least four flavors of Zamak. I am not a metallurgist, so I can't speak to the strength and durability of the various alloys. All I know is I like my Rough Rider and for the price, it's a great gun that has held up well to 22 Magnum.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33549 times
    I'm just glad to see a new post in the Judge forum ! Reminds me of the old days, like back in 2011 or so.
    GreenWolf70 and loudviking like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32754 times
    Well, the Judge is old news. BUT, it still sells well. Taurus sure hit a home run with THAT idea.
    loudviking and GreenWolf70 like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links