Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Bought a used Judge.. Am I an example of the definition of insanity?

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  FlashJim 
#1 ·
Dropped by one of my LGS this afternoon, looking to spend a bit more of my fun funds. I couldn't convince myself to get a 1911 ( prices are going up it seems, even RIA's ), or a 3inch revolver ( gee willickers every one is way too proud of the GP100's and Smiths lately ). So kept browsing and there it sat in the back of the shelf, almost hidden. A like new Judge Magnum. I have bought and sold 3 Judges so far ( I always seem to get within $50 of my purchase price when sell/trade them in ). The little gun debil on my shoulder, finally let up and told me to get it and he would go away if I saved it from obscurity ( at least that is what he said _ I don't believe him ).

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
This beauty was tagged at $380.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
It had a slight turn ring, and I think some brown packing grease still in the cylinders and around the action. Dry as a bone. So I did my normal Judge fluff and buff and now is nice and smooth.
Metal
This is the fourth Judge I have purchased, therefore I think I meet the official definition of insanity. :p

See less See more
#3 ·
What all do the magnums shoot? Nice gun by the way!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: silverstring
#8 ·
With Judges, the term "magnum" just means it comes with the 3" chamber; so it can shoot .45 Colt, 2.5" .410, and 3" .410... the standard Judge can only fire the .45 Colt and 2.5" .410.

Then, of course, there's the Raging Judge Magnum that can shoot .45 Colt, .454 Casull, 2.5" .410, and 3" .410... it also holds 1 more round than the other Judges above.

When I was Judge shopping, I was initially looking for the RJM; but after looking at the weights of both the JM and RJM, I picked the regular magnum... the regular magnum weighs 36.8 oz., and the raging magnum comes in weighing 60.6, which is just too heavy for how I intended to use it.

#11 ·
Thanks I thought the RJM was the only one to shoot the 454. I held one at a gun shop and it was a large gun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#12 · (Edited)
I guess I'm ready for the looney bin myself. I just bought my 2nd Ultra-Lite although this one is technically not a Public Defender, it's a Tracker Ultra-Lite with a 3" barrel. Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.