Taurus UK 357/38 LBR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Taurus UK 357/38 LBR

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    78563
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    2 times

    Taurus UK 357/38 LBR

    Can any kind person advise me where I can purchase a scope rail for my Taurus LBR. Could I get one shipped in from the USA without costing mega inport costs. Anybody have one for sale privately.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    42538
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,585
    Liked
    4988 times
    The Taurus 66 with a 12" barrel was the model used for the 38/357 LBR in Great Britain.
    Shipping firearm parts out of the USA is tricky. I'm not sure if scope rails can be legally shipped out of the USA without proper export permits. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can chime in.

    There is another option. If you have a access a 3-D printer you can make your own Taurus 66 scope mount: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2639390
    Last edited by Bruntson; 03-01-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    loudviking likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    19548
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,306
    Liked
    3679 times
    Seems to me, that that might fall under some kind of goofy ITAR category.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Member #
    78563
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the info chaps. I have just found a second hand one used on a Taurus 66 .44 Hopefully this will fit my 357 LBR looks like the same top rib as my 357 12" LBR.
    Czechbikr and Bruntson like this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    76267
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    811 times
    You don't say where you are in GB, but I'd check these people out. I have shopped for many years with them and they are always helpful and have lots of knowledge. And they sell Taurus LBR's. Link below, scroll down the page. Scope mounts, small or large, £60.00.

    https://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/content...l_pistols.html
    Bruntson likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    76267
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    811 times
    Alasdair... just so you know, I'm in the Isle of Man.. where we have no restrictions on handguns.. This is my Taurus 669 6" .38/.357
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    taurustoter likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    19548
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,306
    Liked
    3679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Alasdair... just so you know, I'm in the Isle of Man.. where we have no restrictions on handguns.. This is my Taurus 669 6" .38/.357
    Man, that's nice!
    ManxTom likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    76267
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Posts
    410
    Liked
    811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Man, that's nice!
    Yes, indeed it is rather attractive isn't it. I'm well please with it, both in aesthetics and function. I doubt very much that I'll ever see another one quite like it. Without the assistance of Taurus in Brazil I'm never going to get to know it's full history and they don't seem to be forthcoming with information.. er, hold that, they haven't even responded to my emails..!! Even the detailed one I had translated into Portuguese.!! But I guess it adds a little to the 'mystery' of the gun; and makes for a nice conversation piece.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,023
    Liked
    42493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Yes, indeed it is rather attractive isn't it. I'm well please with it, both in aesthetics and function. I doubt very much that I'll ever see another one quite like it. Without the assistance of Taurus in Brazil I'm never going to get to know it's full history and they don't seem to be forthcoming with information.. er, hold that, they haven't even responded to my emails..!! Even the detailed one I had translated into Portuguese.!! But I guess it adds a little to the 'mystery' of the gun; and makes for a nice conversation piece.
    You probably have the OP wanting to retire and move to your slice of gun heaven.

    To the OP...welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  11. #10
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33,023
    Liked
    42493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    The Taurus 66 with a 12" barrel was the model used for the 38/357 LBR in Great Britain.
    Shipping firearm parts out of the USA is tricky. I'm not sure if scope rails can be legally shipped out of the USA without proper export permits. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can chime in.

    There is another option. If you have a access a 3-D printer you can make your own Taurus 66 scope mount: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2639390
    That's an excellent post! I am going to try and save that to the Gunsmithing forum. I recall many asking about scope mounts for revolvers.
    ManxTom and Bruntson like this.
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •