Why it is that big bore pistol cartridges seem so unpopular outside the US? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Why it is that big bore pistol cartridges seem so unpopular outside the US?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Now cut that out...I got my 32 ACP dies, 1000 71 grain PRN and 500 cases yesterday...the bullets were in a 6 x 6 x 6 carton and those suckers are TINY...

Gonna go set up to load some fodder for the Beretta.
    Well, I'm sure it's easier to reload than .25ACP.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31556 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    They were invented in the USA were they... back in the 14th century? Odd that, I thought the place wasn't colonised until 1585.. Or maybe I just read it wrong.. Even our NRA is older than yours 1859 versus 1871.
    I'm not trying to be snide, but I sincerely hope that our NRA can protect us from the gun grabbers better than your NRA was able to on the main island. I don't know the entire story, but what happened in Great Britain was inexcusable.
    Tuco_Ramírez and MOONDAWG like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31327 times
    Well, I hope OUR NRA can protect US! I didn't re-up and won't until they get rid of Wayne Lapierre. He's a cancer on the NRA IMHO.
    Rick O'Shea likes this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9253 times
    Can't really answer that question. I will say I think the most popular round
    in the U.S. is the .22LR. Just a guess.

As to the metric vs. Imperial discussion let me ask this..

What sounds better - 400 cu. big block or 6.6 Liter???????

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by airwrench View Post
    Can't really answer that question. I will say I think the most popular round
    in the U.S. is the .22LR. Just a guess.

As to the metric vs. Imperial discussion let me ask this..

What sounds better - 400 cu. big block or 6.6 Liter???????

At the price of gas now days....uh....neither one.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I'm not trying to be snide, but I sincerely hope that our NRA can protect us from the gun grabbers better than your NRA was able to on the main island. I don't know the entire story, but what happened in Great Britain was inexcusable.
    Considering that all evidence points to the current chairmen of the NRA being greedy, self-interested charlatans who talk out of both sides of their mouth in attempt to play both sides in order to remain relevant and profitable, I wouldn't count on our NRA to be much better than that of Great Britain in the long run.

The NRA needs to be restructured as a strictly non-profit organization in which no acting memebers receive anything of substantial monetary value, otherwise it will always be run by folks who use it to profit from fear and intentionally giving away our rights just to turn around and claim that if you pledge more money to the organization then they'll be able to prevent such things from occurring again. We need an NRA run by blue collar, working class citizens acting solely out of interest in preserving our constitutional second amendment rights, not a bunch of sleazy business men who clearly don't stand firmly against the infringement of our rights and will compromise for the sake of profit.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    21996 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post
    Considering that all evidence points to the current chairmen of the NRA being greedy, self-interested charlatans who talk out of both sides of their mouth in attempt to play both sides in order to remain relevant and profitable, I wouldn't count on our NRA to be much better than that of Great Britain in the long run.

The NRA needs to be restructured as a strictly non-profit organization in which no acting memebers receive anything of substantial monetary value, otherwise it will always be run by folks who use it to profit from fear and intentionally giving away our rights just to turn around and claim that if you pledge more money to the organization then they'll be able to prevent such things from occurring again. We need an NRA run by blue collar, working class citizens acting solely out of interest in preserving our constitutional second amendment rights, not a bunch of sleazy business men who clearly don't stand firmly against the infringement of our rights and will compromise for the sake of profit.
    That might sound good but how many blue collar workers can run a multi-billion dollar business? How many know the laws regarding charitable organizations of that size? I get what you're saying, A grassroots movement is much more preferable than a multibillion dollar mega corporation, or that the latter has forgotten it's true purpose. This is where elections of the BOD's needs to see real change and it's not. This is also why I left the NRA and I'm currently a member of GOA and donate to SAF.
    GhostHorse likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    How could anyone not want a big bore revolver. No question mark because it's a statement. If big bores were available, I'm sure the Europeans would love them as much as we do. Maybe not though. Their little European wrists might not be built for the recoil.

ps Manx Tom, I do not consider the Isle of Man, England, Scotland, Wales, etc. to be European.
    MOONDAWG likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    because we had john wayne and Europe did not. can you imagine john wayne drawing a 9 mm broomhandle instead of a colt 45 ?
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    That might sound good but how many blue collar workers can run a multi-billion dollar business? How many know the laws regarding charitable organizations of that size? I get what you're saying, A grassroots movement is much more preferable than a multibillion dollar mega corporation, or that the latter has forgotten it's true purpose. This is where elections of the BOD's needs to see real change and it's not. This is also why I left the NRA and I'm currently a member of GOA and donate to SAF.
    ​You are not alone brother!!!!!
    jtg452 likes this.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links