Heritage .22 lr/Mag. revolver - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Heritage .22 lr/Mag. revolver

Member #
    Liked
    6146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daveindenver View Post
    1.5" potential at 25yrds? RR's are not a high-dollar firearm. A top notch shooter capable of 1.5" groups @ 25yrds with SA handgun sure would be challenged to repeat that performance with an RR in my low-skill opinion.

Would love to see pics of RR groups like that (non-modified or accuratized RR's) that put me in my place and keep me from picking on a gun (I like all 3 of mine) that I think of as just a fun inexpensive replica can-killer. Maybe I should practiced more with my 16" RR... ya think!
    Thank you sir! A ray of sunshine through the darkness out of the wilderness! I appreciate your level headed way of looking at this and your honesty in your own ability. We have a member or 2 That claims one and a 1/2 inches at 25 yd is perfectly normal for there RR. I think some of us on here have a problem seperating the reality of our senior years of shooting skill today with what was normal when we were shooting 50 years ago.

I have been shooting close to 70 years and even I have problems accepting the reality of the way I shoot now compared with the even back then better than average shooting I could do 50 years ago.

I think if everyone was more honest about their shooting ability then all the rest of us could be much more comfortable talking about how bad ours is!

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 10-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    daveindenver likes this.
    I see gun control as driving an ambulance to the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16908 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daveindenver View Post
    1.5" potential at 25yrds? RR's are not a high-dollar firearm. A top notch shooter capable of 1.5" groups @ 25yrds with SA handgun sure would be challenged to repeat that performance with an RR in my low-skill opinion.

Would love to see pics of RR groups like that (non-modified or accuratized RR's) that put me in my place and keep me from picking on a gun (I like all 3 of mine) that I think of as just a fun inexpensive replica can-killer. Maybe I should practiced more with my 16" RR... ya think!
    At 25 yds, with my eyes, I'm just happy to hit the paper. Thank god for shoot-n-see targets.

Nice lookin revolver. I've got an extra set of grips like that.
    daveindenver likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    322 times
    Enjoy your new plinker. I have one of the plain jane models and an accessory mag cylinder and giggle every time I plink with it. I was regularly hitting my steel plate at 50 yards despite its rudimentary sights a couple days ago. I wish it didn't have that stupid safety, but otherwise think they're a hoot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    From the different opinions of the RR and its accuracy potential, I think it is fair to say that accuracy can vary widely between individual specimens. That is also true to a point with the Ruger Single Six, especially with different cylinders. From the various postings about the RR from different sources, it appears that RR quality is not as consistent as Ruger nor should we expect it to be at the RR price point. A $500 revolver it is not, but it is still the best bang for the buck in its price range.
    TheOldRedneck likes this.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    That is a mighty handsome heater you got there the grip looks good with the color combo. Where is the other cylinder?

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    That model (color) was my choice when I traded a 4.75 inch (black with the std red handle) for a 6.5 inch. Ended up with the same model (black with std red handle) cause I was cheap. This dealer gave me decent price ($60) on my 4.75 inch (they sell for as low as $99), but his model I liked was $20 higher that the Std Model. I decided to stay cheap and buy AMMO.

Then to top it off - had cosmetic problems that i did not notice until I got home. TAURUS fixed that.

As far as my accuracy at 25 yards - Bottom Target is 25 yards with hands (and gun) at rest on table, it leaves a lot to be desired. I used 3 different AMMOs (R is Remington Thunderbolt 1230 FPS, CCI is 1200 FPS CCI, and A is Aquila 1255 FPS). .
    Name:  DSCN8203.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  147.9 KB
    Last edited by PaulTaurus; 10-16-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    For what it is worth, my RR is more accurate with the .22 Mag. cylinder, which is the same case with my Single Six. The exception is the .22 LR copper ammo by CCI, which the RR shoots very well.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    1219 times
    My SA Heritage R-R Birdhead .22 lr/mag 4.75".Name:  73130489_2515518075193586_3183790300824862720_n.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  41.1 KB

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Mine is just a few months old... I only have the .22lr cylinder but this 7.5" barrel can really shoot straight!

Name:  0120191951a_1573493601308.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.55 MB
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    32012 times
    I shot mine for the first time last weekend. Picking out dirt clods and those sorts of targets at 25 yards, I was quite pleased with how close I was hitting, standing two-handed.

But 1.5" groups? I'd be surprised.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links