Extra Cylinder
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Sawfish

Thread: Extra Cylinder

Member #
    Liked
    301 times

Extra Cylinder

I recently took delivery on a 4.7" Rough Rider revolver. Since my primary purpose of acquiring the gun was for use as a "snake gun", I thought it would be prudent to acquire a .22 Magnum cylinder. The dealer was out of combo guns, but suggested that I visit the Heritage web site. Price on the web was $30.00 delivered. No coupon or proof of purchase required. One to a customer at that price. Since the little .22 magnum shotshells are deadly on the venomous creatures, I placed my order. Anticipating a lengthy wait, I was shocked and pleased to receive the extra cylinder in less than a week. Already tried out the .22 cylinder. Looking forward to shooting the magnum version.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    3517 times
    6 shot are easy to get. I've been waiting since 2017 for my 9 shot. I finally gave up on hearing, "2-3 weeks" for over a year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    32662 times
    Wow; I spend weeks looking at .38s, .45s, and .410s for snakes. Honestly, I have had a few people say .22, but I want to overachieve. I do have some .22 shotshells I want to try out though. I've read that the magnum shotshells are an improvement over the LR.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6672 times
    I have an old single shot 22 pistol, it came with a 22 L.R. and a Magnum cylinders. The Magnum snake shot works great on snakes.

Member #
    Liked
    6384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    I have an old single shot 22 pistol, it came with a 22 L.R. and a Magnum cylinders. The Magnum snake shot works great on snakes.

I have never seen a single shot 22 pistol that comes with two cylinders..... what brand is it?

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31716 times
    I've killed 3 cottonmouths this season, only one was with a .22 mag shot shell, though, but it worked. It killed the snake with a head shot. My 9mm blew the snakes head off, very impressive. A 115 JHP is deadly.
    I saw a little cottonmouth on the road the other day while driving out. The creek is infested with 'em. I backed over it and tried to spin my tires on it, but kinda missed. I thought, "Dang, shoulda shot it!" I had my NAA Black Widow loaded with two rounds of shot over 3 more rounds of Hornady CD. I've always got that with me and you never know if the snake will have legs or not. I've yet to try the Black Widow, though, and this was an opportunity I missed out on.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31716 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    I have never seen a single shot 22 pistol that comes with two cylinders..... what brand is it?

Don
    Since single shot pistols don't have cylinders, I think he must mean SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER. Just a guess. I do have a single shot pistol and with the .410 barrel, it's pretty wicked deadly on snakes.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    Took the Rough Rider to the range to try out the magnum cylinder. I thought it was fairly accurate with the Aguila .22 Target in the regular cylinder, but the .22 Mag cylinder takes it to a whole other level. All shots from the first cylinder of Super X .22 Magnum HP were touching. Fantastic performance from a low dollar revolver. I thought the ratchet machining on both cylinders was a bit sharp so I gave them a light coating of Mobil Synthetic Chassis Lube to ease them through the break in process. Worked great.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    31716 times
    My bird's head 3.5" puts 5 shots into 2" from the bench at 25 yards. Ain't bad for a cheap revolver.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    i like "Low Priced" guns -- sounds better than 'Cheap" guns. LOL

And, that is about all I buy (three TAURUS on hand - G2 9MM, Spectrum, and Heritage RR) - a GSG Firefly and GSG 1911 (both 22s), and a PHOENIX PH22 (partners with son, gun is in his name), then a RUGER SR22 (getting expensive here LOL).

Sponsored Links