Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By PaulTaurus
  • 1 Post By 777Driver

Thread: 16 inch Barrel Heritage Rough Rider

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

16 inch Barrel Heritage Rough Rider

16 inch barrel is Weird, almost a rifle.

I shot my nephews on a visit to MO in June. I used it like a pistol, free hand with both hands on the pistol grip, it's a bit heavy (lot of barrel out there). Probably be a target gun if rested the barrel on something (maybe even hunt rabbits or squirrels if could get a support and one to sit still).

Saw one at Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo (Sevierville, TN) two days ago along with a lot of others (4.5 and 6 inch models, 22LR and Mags, all black or the two tone frames).

All with sale price tags on them, say $5 or $10 from normal prices you see everywhere. They had a 4.5 inch at $99, several 6 inch in $114 range. think one with both cylinders was $132.

I have a 4.5 inch that has been getting some Keyholing, not sure when it started cause I did not know what Keyholing was until a guy with me noticed it and told me. You see an elongated hole in the target caused by bullet tumbling vs spinning.

As I understand, it's a function of grove twist, ammo speed, or damage to a bullet or barrel. It happens more on my gun with higher velocity AMMO.

I called Heritage - they said should shoot up to 1325 FPS AMMO OK and to send it in. I did not pursue that at the time and don't know if they would have paid shipping, etc. I found out not too bad if use say 1135FPS AMMO or less, still see a keyhole once in a while.

I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE mine for a six inch in the two tone frame model (maybe that weird 16 inch). I talked to couple dealers with out my gun just to see if they would be interested. Floyd's, BUD.s, Smoky Mtn G&A not to interested in trading LOL. I did get impression most I would get would $20 or $40 or $50 for it (unseen estimate from one).

Anyway, just wanted to mention the 16 inch and see what folks have to say.
    777Driver and bobbojama like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1074 times
    Photos, we want photos!
    bobbojama likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32966 times
    I think I would keep it, just because. It isn’t like it was a huge investment. Oh yeah, we wanna see it.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    PICTURE - I don't have one to take a picture. Just GOOGLE and you will see pictures and U-Tube.

It's ugly and out of proportion, reckon that be part of the fun of owning and shooting. Don't see any practical application for it (like a lot of guns folks buy). LOL

I did shoot my nephews and saw one at Smoky Mtn Gun & AMMO (SMG&A is in Knife Works as separate business) in Sevierville, TN. BTW, There prices on guns are often good (not every time - as always shop around).

Sponsored Links