Rough Rider grove sight leaves a lot to be desired - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Rough Rider grove sight leaves a lot to be desired

Member #
    Liked
    16229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    Better tell heritage, their adjustable sight model has a lot more material removed than this would require.
    I'm sure they're aware of it, especially since I sent them one of mine several years ago on which the top strap had failed. They replaced the gun and said the failure was due to microscopic casting flaws.

I've been a member on the Gunslinger forum for many years, an admin there for the last few, I'm a frequent flyer at Rimfire Central and here, along with a few other gun forums, and in all those years I haven't read a single instance of a catastrophic frame failure other than mine. But the fact that it did happen, and for the reason given by the manufacturer, tends to make me leery of physically modifying the frame for any reason.
    mark7mod0 likes this.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    5707 times
    [QUOTE=mark7mod0;5404319][B]§478.147 Return of firearm.

A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other provision of this part, the licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or licensed dealer [B]may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that person the firearm or a replacement firearm of the same kind and type. See §478.124(a) for requirements of a Form 4473 prior to return. A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may ship a firearm curio or relic to a licensed collector for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other provision of this part, the licensed collector may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that person the firearm curio or relic.

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10507, Mar. 31, 1988]

It does state this in fact.....TY BangBang!!! I will further deal with them on this mater.

You are very welcome my friend. It is nice to know that occasionally I stumble onto a correct answer to add to a thread!

Don
    mark7mod0 likes this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    807 times
    Received a letter from Heritage Arms today. It stated they received my firearm and the processing time for replacement should be around 14 days. I can live with that better than the 12 weeks that Taurus Int told me.
    whichfinger likes this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    807 times
    Problem solved.....this is what the rear sight looks like on.......my new Ruger Wrangler!!!! Name:  rw_006_rwr3_sight-rear_01s.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  23.1 KB
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links